Solved! LG 440g Tracfone unlock possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 9, 2022
Hi, everyone,

I took a Tracfone LG 440g with me to Europe from the United States and would like to use it here. The problem is, however, that when I use a SIM card from a local provider, I get the error "SIM Lock -1" and nothing works.
Is it possible to activate the phone for a different SIM card? I read that I had to contact customer service, but my English is not very good, unfortunately I can't do that. I never activated the Tracfone SIM card, but I have the phone's IMEI number. Could someone help me with this problem?

Kind regards, Marco

Solution
it the https://www.tfwunlockpolicy.com/ it said
"If the TracFone device was activated with TracFone service prior to November 23, 2021, then the device must have been active on TracFone Service for no fewer than 12 months with Service Plans redeemed in no fewer than 12 months, and not have had their telephone number recycled or ported."
since you said you never use the tracfone service
"If you have not met the required minimum period of active TracFone service, TracFone may unlock your device, but you will incur a charge of up to $300, depending on how long your service was active prior to the unlocking request."

there a # to call
"Unlocking requests are processed as they are received. Depending on the device type and other...

rgd1101

Don't
it the https://www.tfwunlockpolicy.com/ it said
"If the TracFone device was activated with TracFone service prior to November 23, 2021, then the device must have been active on TracFone Service for no fewer than 12 months with Service Plans redeemed in no fewer than 12 months, and not have had their telephone number recycled or ported."
since you said you never use the tracfone service
"If you have not met the required minimum period of active TracFone service, TracFone may unlock your device, but you will incur a charge of up to $300, depending on how long your service was active prior to the unlocking request."

there a # to call
"Unlocking requests are processed as they are received. Depending on the device type and other qualifications, it may take up to two business days for a request to be processed. To submit your request or follow up on one you already submitted, call us at 1-888-442-5102"

but just as well get a phone at your coutry

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.