LG Announces World's Slimmest (Android) Phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

pkadair

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2009
Sprint? AT&T? Verizon? I'm simply curious because I have Sprint and Sprint has a rather slim pickings when it comes to quality phones (without a 4G $10 surcharge even though we don't have it in Baton Rouge, LA)

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
My contract on my iPhone is up in June, planning on getting an android phone. This looks pretty good, but I want to know specs.

robisinho

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2010
the rate these things are improving, its not too much to hope for a mobile that lasts 24 of heavy use, does wireless full 1080 to your tv, bluetooth to your keyboard/mouse, wi-foo to your home net, 4g to internet, runs windows, and supports full hd videoconferencing, with a 10mp camera .. in like 2 years

quotas47

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2009
It doesn't take much to make me happy, and for all you techies out there, let me know if you agree:

Slim is good.
If no physical keyboard, responsive, accurate touchscreen is a must
Tethering, can this phone do it? Through what interfaces? Ad hoc wifi/bluetooth/physical?
Any rear facing camera?
Like gm0n3y said, planned hardware specs and performance LG expects to incorporate

Beyond that, if it makes calls and can be made compatible with removable memory and either CDMA or SIM cards, then you just created the perfect phone.

Take note, cell manufacturers ; )

I know that the Android OS is capable of working with all of the above options, it's merely up to the manufacturer to facilitate all the features.

Anomalyx

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2010
How thin is too thin? I don't want something too thick, but at the same time, I want to notice some pressure before it gets snapped in half. Pretty soon they'll be so thin that you'll see metal covers for sale to keep it from getting broken.

sultansulan

Distinguished
May 29, 2010
To those who think that it will launch WP7 or KIN devices at CES. I can tell you that these devices are last year's biggest flops. There are no manufacturers who dare to make a Windows device today, they sell just too bad. MS has not dared to come out with some sales figures due to super-flop.

house70

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
[citation][nom]Anomalyx[/nom]How thin is too thin? I don't want something too thick, but at the same time, I want to notice some pressure before it gets snapped in half. Pretty soon they'll be so thin that you'll see metal covers for sale to keep it from getting broken.[/citation]
9.2 mm. That's a little thinner than HTC HD2, but not that much. you should be fine handling it, it's still almost 1 cm thick.

f-14

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2010
as long as the alarm works it'll be better then the iPhones
Three Lakers overslept due to faulty iPhones
Pau Gasol appeared to be sleep-walking through much of the Lakers' embarrassing loss to the Memphis Grizzlies at the Staples Center on Sunday. It turns out that might not have been too far from the truth.

"My alarm didn't go off so I woke up past the time," Gasol said. "I still went to shootaround, just a little later than I should have been."

But a team official said Tuesday that Gasol missed the team's entire morning shootaround.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/Three-Lakers-overslept-due-to-faulty-iPhones?urn=nba-303601&post_comment=1&success=1

gepall

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2008
Not it is NOT the slimmest it is the XPERIA ARC

http://www.slashgear.com/sony-ericsson-xperia-arc-hands-on-video-06123889/

Status
Not open for further replies.