Question LG C1 does not display LG SP9YA soundbar's HDMI in

Oct 28, 2021
Hi! I picked up a new LG SP9YA soundbar to go with my LG C1. It's set up via HDMI Arc. I wish to plug my Roku into the soundbar's HDMI in port and then display that to the TV. However, this does not appear to actually work. My TV simply says there is no signal. HDMI arc does work (I'm getting sound through the speakers). I also tried using a different HDMI cable connected to my laptop and that did not work either.

Does anyone have any thoughts on what I'm doing wrong? Unfortunately the sound bar doesn't come with a manual specific to the Soundbar and it's literally just one page for hooking it up.

Any help is appreciated!

Oct 28, 2021
Hi. I have the exact same problem here. Did you actually manage to find a solution here ? It would be very helpful

Nope. I tried everything I could and eventually just returned it. Not worth the effort. The next one I bought, a Vizio, also had issues. Ended up buying a relatively simple Samsung one and it worked perfectly.

Apr 26, 2022
I wish I had seen these replies before people brought stuff back. I hooked my LG C1 (55") to the SP9YA (HDMI eARC Out), and then the Apple TV and TiVo to the TV HDMI In ports.
Like you, I originally put the computer HDMI to the HDMI in port on the SP9YA. In order to have this work, the port configuration for the soundbar has to be changed from eARC to HDMI; when the TV is set to the ARC out port, you will get the signal you need.
It's an annoying configuration, though. Ultimately, I have moved the computer to an HDMI In port on the TV and connected the computer to the Optical port via an optical cable. It WILL work with the configuration you chose, but you'll need to change the soundbar input as well as the TV input. Hopefully, this will help the next person who wants to use the soundbar, TV and computer in this manner (it will give audio support to the computer when the TV is off, and display the computer as a second monitor if that input is chosen when the TV is on).