LG Denies Abandoning Windows Phone Platform

Status
Not open for further replies.

house70

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
LG makes some good hardware. If they get Win on one of their top tier phones (better specs than Nokia), that could be a winning combo as far as the platform is concerned...Besides, that was they would be relieved of the software updates duty (at which they suck, anyways), because that would be MS' job.

jacobdrj

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2005
[citation][nom]house70[/nom]LG makes some good hardware. If they get Win on one of their top tier phones (better specs than Nokia), that could be a winning combo as far as the platform is concerned...Besides, that was they would be relieved of the software updates duty (at which they suck, anyways), because that would be MS' job.[/citation]
Agreed about the 1st part. But even going to WP7/8, the OS provider ALWAYS leaves work for the hardware manufacturer to finish and tweak...

house70

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
[citation][nom]jacobdrj[/nom]Agreed about the 1st part. But even going to WP7/8, the OS provider ALWAYS leaves work for the hardware manufacturer to finish and tweak...[/citation]
AFAIK, WP builds are made available for download and install... meaning that an end-user can do that without waiting on the carrier to release the "sanctioned" version.
I might be wrong, though, but I do have in my bookmarks a shortcut that says "WP build blah blah roll out started, get it now here...". I saved that in case my dream (see above) gets materialized, in which case I would grab a Win Phone (unlocked) to play with it.

killerclick

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2010
I'd be rooting for Windows Phone, but Microsoft is insisting on infecting my PC with its Metro UI, so now Windows Phone can't die soon enough.

jhansonxi

Distinguished
May 11, 2007
I suspect that LG is just encouraging M$ to come up with more marketing cash. The Nokia deal and the recent "partnership" with Barnes & Noble isn't going to discourage that kind of behavior.

Status
Not open for further replies.