LG G Stylo Unlocking from Boost to use with Tmobile - have code, can't enter it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donthanguponme

Prominent
Feb 13, 2017
Hey there! I hope someone can help me as I am frustrated beyond belief and I can not find an answer anywhere.

I have an LG G STYLO (LS770) and it was originally on Boost Mobile network when my friend had it. She got a new phone and called boost to get an unlock code so I could use it on Tmobile and they gave her the unlock code, no problem.

I have the phone here, in front of me, with the unlock code but when I put my tmobile sim card into it, it doesn't ask me for a sim unlock code, it just says no service or invalid sim, but nothing to rectify that, or any clue as to how to enter this unlock code.

The guy at the boost mobile store was clueless, then his manager suggested looking somewhere for something - network settings or something, but what he was asking for over the phone didn't exist where he thought it might, he was clueless, too - this is the same store that had previously told my friend they don't unlock phones and that the new carrier would have to work it out. The new carrier basically said the old carrier has to work it out.

I'm just totally confused because there seems to be hundreds of ways to access other LG phones hidden menus to enter these unlock codes but I am finding nothing for LG Stylo for Boost.

If anyone has any clue. Please do let me know! I'll love you forever! :)

Thanks so much!

Reactions: Hydra119
Solution
It's quite a simple procedure if done the way I described above. Manufacturers and even service providers mess with the Android system so there are lots of variations out there.

Before you try to root, go into Settings >More and tap the Build Number seven times. Seriously - it's not a ritual but you will then see you are now a Developer and there's a new menu named Developer Options.

Try your unlocking procedure again and if it still fails, download KingoRoot (note the O after King because there is a Kingroot which isn't so good) connect the phone and let Windows do the rest.
I'm sure you will have tried rooting but it's worth suggesting it. KingoRoot ought to do it for you. Download it on to a PC or laptop and connect the phone via USB and the programme runs within Windows.

With some luck, you might elevate yourself to a high enough Admin status to do the job.

Donthanguponme

Prominent
Feb 13, 2017

I haven't tried rooting cause I'm honestly not sure what I am doing when it comes to stuff like that. I've never had the need to do anything with my phones until now, other than unlock them and usually unlocking them has been easy as pie. Except this one, apparently is like some super-challenge!

It's quite a simple procedure if done the way I described above. Manufacturers and even service providers mess with the Android system so there are lots of variations out there.

Before you try to root, go into Settings >More and tap the Build Number seven times. Seriously - it's not a ritual but you will then see you are now a Developer and there's a new menu named Developer Options.

Try your unlocking procedure again and if it still fails, download KingoRoot (note the O after King because there is a Kingroot which isn't so good) connect the phone and let Windows do the rest.

Solution

Donthanguponme

Prominent
Feb 13, 2017
I managed to get into the developer mode but couldn't find any way to enter this unlock code, still. This phone is a LTE/CDMA phone and I want to use it on GSM, for which there IS a sim card slot available, so I don't really know how to go about making it so that it works. I tried to get kingoroot but the website is giving me a server error, any suggestions?

Thanks so much! There has to be a way!

Ricardo_53

Prominent
Jul 16, 2017
Sorry it probably wont work due to they run on different frequencies

Can I use a CDMA phone on a GSM network?

Usually - NO (sorry!)

CDMA and GSM are totally different technologies - they are network technologies linked to each carrier here in the US

T-Mobile and AT&T run on GSM networks

Sprint and Verizon run on CDMA technology

The main difference is that a GSM phone will usually need a sim-card to be inserted to connect to the network. CDMA phones sometimes have the sim-card built in to them - it all depends on the age and brand on the phone

The general rule is that a CDMA phone wont work on a GSM network, and vice versa. They run on different frequencies

There are a couple of exceptions - most new iPhones like the 6s and some Google Nexus phones CAN run on both technologies. You would need to check with the manufacturer whether this applies to your specific phone

Status
Not open for further replies.