LG G3 recovery help

Shawn_48

Commendable
Aug 25, 2016
Hi!
I have just noticed that for some reason, my lg g3 has deleted all my created albums in my gallery. Firstly, why would it do that? Secondly, how do I get them back?

I did not do the backup service, I always just assumed it backed up automatically. So I downloaded the Jihosoft recovery software, but it won't recognize my device.

Any help would be much appreciated, there were a lot of pictures that were deleted and I really don't want to lose them. Thanks!

Solution
Well rooting can help with some things, however it wouldn't really effect your ability to see if the files are still on the phone. Also, it is best to be careful with choosing to root a device. It totally voids any warranty, and doing the 'wrong' thing on the phone after it has been rooted can be problematic.

I am not big on rooting myself, but if you wanted to know more/ask more about it, you should visit the "Rooting, Jailbreaking & Unlocking" Forum. http://www.tomsguide.com/forum/forum-117.html They would know tons about it. :)
Why, well even if you don't back up on your own, but you have the device connected to a Google account, and it is set to sync them automatically, then if you delete on one, it can be deleted on the other. Also if you have reset the device, that would remove them as well. There could also be some malicious software/app on the phone that is the cause. And that is just a few ways it can happen.

There are a few apps/programs out there that 'may' be able to help you recover the data.

A few of the programs you could try would be... DiskDigger, MobiSaver, Android-Recovery and Tenorshare. They are all data recovery apps/programs. There are many others out there, so check around and see which you would rather try. There is also one called RECOVA, that I have heard is free, which you could try.

One important note though, most of these programs are not free. They may say they are "free" or have "Free Trials" and "Free Downloads". Yet to actually recover your data, and get your files back, you may be have to purchase the program/app. Just so you know.

For future reference, I really would suggest backing up your data to a computer or cloud. Often. Better to spend the time doing that, rather than to be out all that stuff if the phone dies, things get deleted/erased or it gets stolen.

Shawn_48

Commendable
Aug 25, 2016

Yes, I'll definitely be backing things up moving forward. I tried as I mentioned the Jihosoft one, and I wonder if my device needs to be rooted to do it? It told me to turn on USB debugging and I did, but it still didn't detect my phone. I don't know what rooting is or how to do it. Do you think it could help?

Well rooting can help with some things, however it wouldn't really effect your ability to see if the files are still on the phone. Also, it is best to be careful with choosing to root a device. It totally voids any warranty, and doing the 'wrong' thing on the phone after it has been rooted can be problematic.

I am not big on rooting myself, but if you wanted to know more/ask more about it, you should visit the "Rooting, Jailbreaking & Unlocking" Forum. http://www.tomsguide.com/forum/forum-117.html They would know tons about it. :)

Solution