LG G7 ThinQ Battery Life: This Is How Bad It Is

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 7, 2018
Exactly, They always make LG look bad then wonder why they don't sell. They all know it's still pre production units but still insist on testing and giving final verdicts

May 8, 2018
What? V30 at 6:30h? I own one and that's pretty much the SoT I get when using it through the day (full brightness half of the time, which is between 400 and 600 nits depending on the sun boost) while listening to music for 4 hours and even downloading stuff.

Just "continuously browsed" for 2:30 straight at 64% auto brightness (including heavy tapping, configured 2 PCs at Mindfactory.de) and this is the result:

https://imgur.com/gallery/p23e3yl

Your benchmark is FAR off reality!

May 8, 2018
Thanks for the post Bastian - this alleviates my concerns somewhat... I was all set on getting G7 but reports of bad battery life make me concerned (I don't understand why they reduced the capacity from the G6 from 3300 to 3000, even if the screen & processor are more efficient - and extra 300mah doesn't add much, to either cost or thickness.

May 8, 2018
No problem Piglet :)

Battery is smaller because of the boombox resonance chamber very likely... don't get it either though. The G7 is still 12g lighter than the FAR smaller iPhone X, 25g lighter than the S9+ and 40g lighter than the iPhone 8 Plus. Simply make it 0.5mm thicker and give it ~3600mAh ^^

May 8, 2018
No problem Piglet :)

Probably the battery is smaller because of the boombox resonance chamber. Don't get it either though... simply make the phone 0.5mm thicker, it's still FAR lighter than every other manufacturers phone. 12g lighter than the far smaller iPhone X, 25g lighter than the S9+ and 40g lighter than the iPhone Plus models.

May 8, 2018
Maybe it's to help differentiate the V series, as that will have a bigger battery most likely. If that's the case it's kinda lame to purposefully hinder the G series though.

May 8, 2018
@Piglet: Making a phone light to make it feel "cheap"? The V30 is 40g lighter yet a lot sturdier than the iPhone 8 Plus. Apple seriously implemented brackets without any use just to make it heavier ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.