LG K10 2017 does not charge if it is ON. Read on for more complicated info.

Apr 11, 2018
If I connect it while it is ON, it does not recognize the charging connection. If I turn it OFF while it is still connected, it starts charging. If it is OFF and I connect it, it charges normally (it turns itself ON and shows normal charging while ON!!!) This, my folks, is driving a good man insane. Any help you can give me will be greatly appreciated.

Solution
Sounds like something on the phone is the cause. I would try starting up the phone in "Safe Mode" and see if it will charge while you are in there. If it does, then you know it is an app, malware, virus, etc., that is the cause. Which would then have to be removed.

To get into "Safe Mode" please do the following.

1. First turn off the phone.

2. Next press and hold "Power" until you see the manufacturers logo on the screen, then release the power button.

3. "Quickly" press "Volume Down" and hold it for few seconds until you see the message "Safe mode: ON" or something similar.

4. If you wanted disable it, simply repeat the steps above, and you should see "Safe Mode: OFF" rather than on.
Sounds like something on the phone is the cause. I would try starting up the phone in "Safe Mode" and see if it will charge while you are in there. If it does, then you know it is an app, malware, virus, etc., that is the cause. Which would then have to be removed.

To get into "Safe Mode" please do the following.

1. First turn off the phone.

2. Next press and hold "Power" until you see the manufacturers logo on the screen, then release the power button.

3. "Quickly" press "Volume Down" and hold it for few seconds until you see the message "Safe mode: ON" or something similar.

4. If you wanted disable it, simply repeat the steps above, and you should see "Safe Mode: OFF" rather than on.

Solution