Solved! LG K10 constantly displays pairing request

Jul 28, 2019
My LG K10 constantly displays a pairing request on the home screen, even when the phone is currently paired to the car and regardless of whether the car is running or not. How can I suppress this request on my phone?

You can trying going into "Settings" and then "Bluetooth" and either turn off the scanning (some phones allow it some don't) while leaving the Bluetooth itself on, or even try renaming your Bluetooth. If you do the second you will likely have to reconnect the devices you have connected, but it should stop the problem.

If by some chance it doesn't stop, then you would have to turn off Bluetooth when not in use.

NOTE: This usually happens when there is a device nearby that the phone is trying to connect to. So I would suggest checking that as well.

You can trying going into "Settings" and then "Bluetooth" and either turn off the scanning (some phones allow it some don't) while leaving the Bluetooth itself on, or even try renaming your Bluetooth. If you do the second you will likely have to reconnect the devices you have connected, but it should stop the problem.

If by some chance it doesn't stop, then you would have to turn off Bluetooth when not in use.

NOTE: This usually happens when there is a device nearby that the phone is trying to connect to. So I would suggest checking that as well.

Jul 28, 2019

Interesting. I just bought a new Samsung Q60 tv - this problem arose subsequent to that. I bet that's what's trying to connect. Thanks for the tip!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Tommy Sawyer Android Smartphones 1
Hyper_Z Android Smartphones 3
BevLee62 Android Smartphones 1
M Android Smartphones 0
Androidlover11 Android Smartphones 0
D Android Smartphones 2
X Android Smartphones 0
G Android Smartphones 2
voyboyfan Android Smartphones 3
okrobie Android Smartphones 1
M Android Smartphones 2