Solved! LG Magic remote not working when registered, working when not

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 12, 2019
Hi all,

I know there are a few topics on this, but none with a proper answer.

2 days ago there was a system update for the LG TV. Ever since My magic remote has stopped working properly. After checking online and other posts I do the HOME+BACK to unregister it, and in that case, it works fine, but as soon as I press the wheel (OK) so it registers with the TV it all stops working again.

This is an issue as pressing the wheel is necessary as it is the OK button, so, for example, to change the input from HDMI1 to Live TV let's say, I'm stuck and can't do it, as when I try it just tries to register again, actually succeeds and stops working.

Any solution to this?

Cheers

Reactions: jes81
May 13, 2019
Hi all,

I know there are a few topics on this, but none with a proper answer.

2 days ago there was a system update for the LG TV. Ever since My magic remote has stopped working properly. After checking online and other posts I do the HOME+BACK to unregister it, and in that case, it works fine, but as soon as I press the wheel (OK) so it registers with the TV it all stops working again.

This is an issue as pressing the wheel is necessary as it is the OK button, so, for example, to change the input from HDMI1 to Live TV let's say, I'm stuck and can't do it, as when I try it just tries to register again, actually succeeds and stops working.

Any solution to this?

Cheers

Same problem. Remote stopped working after the update 2 days ago. Taking out the batteries does not help. After resetting the remote it works until the OK button is pressed and the remote is registered, then only the power button works. Has anyone found a solution?

May 14, 2019
I have the same issue. My TV is the LG OLED C855. The screen shows the remote can't be registered (It's a magic remote). Power On, Power OFf work, but can't use the scroll to press the OK button, so can't switch input mode.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.