Solved! LG OLED65B8 lag and tearing while gaming

iam4ever

Commendable
Dec 18, 2017
Hello everyone,
lucky me i have thin nice LG B8 TV. I am trying to use it as monitor, but lag is big. It is like half second. I know my PC can handle games good, when i play on monitor, but if i use TV things get ugly. So lets get to the point: I use HDMI cable - 15m to connect PC with TV. I guess cable is v1.4, because i do not remember paying more than 15 euro for it. I change TV picture mode to - GAMING, witch reduces lag significantly, but still it is unplayable.
I tried reducing the resolution with no luck. Some old games work perfect - like Rayman legends. I was pleasantly surprised that Assassins Creed Odyssey on 1440p work nice too, but if i enable HDR, things get ugly again.
So everything is pointing me to change my HDMI cable to 2.0, but that will create a lot of work for me, because cable is IN the wall and ... you get the picture :)
Anyone who have knowledge about impact that HDMI 1.4 ... or less can do to my configuration please share your wisdom with me :)

Solution
It's not really a cable issue, it's the TV, TVs are not meant to be used for gaming and many have a high amount of input lag. If you want to rule out the cable, just move the computer closer to the TV and connect them with a newer HDMI cable, but I doubt that will make a difference. 15 meters is pretty long for an HDMI cables but I have used that length at work many times, just not for anything were delays meant anything.
It's not really a cable issue, it's the TV, TVs are not meant to be used for gaming and many have a high amount of input lag. If you want to rule out the cable, just move the computer closer to the TV and connect them with a newer HDMI cable, but I doubt that will make a difference. 15 meters is pretty long for an HDMI cables but I have used that length at work many times, just not for anything were delays meant anything.

Solution