Question Windows 10 R9 390 PC stuck 4k@30hz on Samsung TV

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSystem006

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2014
I am currently using a Displayport to HDMI 2.1 cable to connect my r9 390 PC to my Samsung TV. No matter what I try I’ve only been able to get 30hz at 4k. Over the last year I’ve tried USB C adapters, HDMI 2.0, 2.1, and multiple displayport adapters and cables.
I’ve conceded to using 1080p to get 60hz while trying to figure this out.
I’ve tried multiple active cables that were recommended by this community with no luck.
I get 4k@60hz when I connect my PC to my monitor via displayport, but not the TV.
I know my TV supports 4k@60hz because it works perfectly with my PS4 Pro.
Is there a bios/windows/TV setting I’m missing? I’ve gone through those settings so many times but it’s the only logical explanation I can come up with.
Thanks in advance guys, please help me before I rip my hair out.

Etrius vanRandr

Prominent
BANNED
May 11, 2022
I am currently using a Displayport to HDMI 2.1 cable to connect my r9 390 PC to my Samsung TV. No matter what I try I’ve only been able to get 30hz at 4k. Over the last year I’ve tried USB C adapters, HDMI 2.0, 2.1, and multiple displayport adapters and cables.
I’ve conceded to using 1080p to get 60hz while trying to figure this out.
I’ve tried multiple active cables that were recommended by this community with no luck.
I get 4k@60hz when I connect my PC to my monitor via displayport, but not the TV.
I know my TV supports 4k@60hz because it works perfectly with my PS4 Pro.
Is there a bios/windows/TV setting I’m missing? I’ve gone through those settings so many times but it’s the only logical explanation I can come up with.
Thanks in advance guys, please help me before I rip my hair out.

just like @rgd1101 my first instinct was that it doesn't even support 4k60.

Get a new GPU if you want 4K60.

Indeed, the spec page does list 4k capable but does not specify 4k60, and even then it only says HDMI.

HDMI needs to be certified to be able to do 4k60.

https://www.amd.com/en/support/grap...es/amd-radeon-r9-300-series/amd-radeon-r9-390

Reactions: rgd1101
Status
Not open for further replies.