LG Soundbar volume level changes after powering off and back on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xboxerj

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2015
Good morning. I have looked online and do not know if there is a way to change this. If I have my soundbar volume set at, say, 30 and I power off the unit whenever I turn it back on the volume is around 50. No matter where I set it when it shuts off the volume level is always about that when I power it back on. Is there a default setting for it? I don't know why it does this or how to fix it if I can. It is just a little jarring to have the volume kick in and have to lower it every time I want to watch TV. Thanks.

rgd1101

Don't
MERGED QUESTION
Question from Xboxerj : "LG Soundbar volume changes settings after powering off and powering back on"

si04674

Prominent
Nov 1, 2017
Try your input button on your TV remote. Mine showed the sound bar device above the normal row of potential input devices. I navigated to the sound bar option then reduced the default volume level. It then maintained that level.

Reactions: Abadon42
Jul 3, 2018
That was it!
I used the actual LG TV remote and checked the volume. I set it down to 10. (It was at 38) I turned up the volume again to 16 with the cable remote (the main one I use). I shut it off. I then turned it back on, and the volume was at 10!! Not 38! Yay! The soundbar turns on and says 16, but actually starts at 10. Your actual TV volume, using the TV remote, will be the starting default volume when you turn it on.

Reactions: Abadon42
Status
Not open for further replies.