LG TV connects to Bluetooth wireless headset - but no sound comes across

angelawshaver

Prominent
Dec 23, 2017
I have an LG smart tv which allows Bluetooth; however, even though I can connect a Bluetooth headset, no sound goes to the headset.

I think this issue might be because the sound to the TV actually comes from a stereo receiver, not the TV. The TV is connected to the receiver, the Blu-ray player is connected to the receiver, the DIRECTV box is connected to the receiver, and so on. This being the case, do I need to get a Bluetooth transmitter for my receiver, and try to connect the Bluetooth headset that way?

I’m asking because I’m not sure that the sound problem is a result of the receiver (how things are setup) or because of something else. I would appreciate your input because I would also need to purchase the Bluetooth transmitter if that would fix the sound issue. I would also appreciate suggestions on the Bluetooth transmitter. My electronic details appear below.

LG 65UH6550 TV
Samsung Level U Pro Bluetooth headset
Denon receiver AVR-1613
Samsung Blu-ray DVD BD F5900 (if relevant)

Thank you!
Angela

dudio

Admirable
Try putting the HDMI from the Receiver to the TV on the HDMI-ARC input.
If that doesn't resolve it, then I'd agree with you that you need a Bluetooth transmitter running off the Digital Audio Out of the Receiver.

dudio

Admirable
Try putting the HDMI from the Receiver to the TV on the HDMI-ARC input.
If that doesn't resolve it, then I'd agree with you that you need a Bluetooth transmitter running off the Digital Audio Out of the Receiver.

angelawshaver

Prominent
Dec 23, 2017

Thanks for your feedback. I would try that, but I'm not sure I understand the suggestion. I have the HDMI going from the Denon receiver to the HDMI 1 on the TV. There is one more named HDMI 2 (ARC). Are you suggesting I move it to that HDMI input on the TV? Is there anything to change on the settings?

Update: was easy enough to try. I changed the HDMI cable to the HDMI2 (ARC). No change in sound output to the wireless headset. I will look for a Bluetooth transmitter and try that next. Thanks!

Angela

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
catchgarry Streaming Video & TVs 1
S Streaming Video & TVs 4
J Streaming Video & TVs 1
K Streaming Video & TVs 1
C Streaming Video & TVs 1
B Streaming Video & TVs 2
R Streaming Video & TVs 0
G Streaming Video & TVs 2
R Streaming Video & TVs 3
K Streaming Video & TVs 2