Solved! LG TV HDMI Issue "No Signal". Then a few days later it works again?

mbrittb00

Prominent
Oct 6, 2017
I have an LG Model 55 UK6090 PUA that we purchased back in February. It has been working great with one exception. Periodically after power up it doesn't recognize that there is an HDMI device (XBox One) connected. It gives a "no signal" message. However if I go to the device selection on the TV, it shows as though there is a device connected (i.e. not grayed out like the other ports). I can resolve the problem by simply moving the HDMI cable to a different port on the TV, at which point it recognizes the device, with a signal and all is good. Then a few days later the same thing happens again and I have to move the HDMI cable back to the original port (the one that it didn't get a signal from a few days earlier). While I can resolve the problem by moving the cable back and forth, I shouldn't have to do that, and this issues is really getting annoying. I've searched online for a solution, but all the articles I have seen mention a complete failure of the HDMI port (and since I can go back to the original port a few days later and it works, this is not the issue).

Thoughts?

Solution
When you connect a source to a TV with an HDMI cable how those work depends on how well each has met the HDMI standard. That means that changing the HDMI cable might help. On some TVs the HDMI ports aren't all equal.
Changing the order you boot the Xbox and select the TV input it's connected to might help too.
HDMI does some weird stuff. Sometimes something works for a long time and then just doesn't for a while.
When you connect a source to a TV with an HDMI cable how those work depends on how well each has met the HDMI standard. That means that changing the HDMI cable might help. On some TVs the HDMI ports aren't all equal.
Changing the order you boot the Xbox and select the TV input it's connected to might help too.
HDMI does some weird stuff. Sometimes something works for a long time and then just doesn't for a while.

Solution

mbrittb00

Prominent
Oct 6, 2017
I'll trying changing the HDMI cable, and see if that has any effect. I'll also pay attention to what order I power everything on. I typically do the Xbox first after I get home so it can boot up while I'm doing other stuff. But I may get that reversed from time to time, which MAY be when the problem is occurring.