LG TV Model No. 50UK6950PLB.

willythecat

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2011
Philips flat screen eventually joined all the others up on high, so went and purchased a new LG TV.
- UHD 4K AI ThinQ Model No. 50UK6950PLB.
Cannot just plug in my existing wireless headphones, because there is no socket on the back to do this.
The shop then said that l needed an optical connection which they do not sell, and Bluetooth was a definite no no.
So, phoned LG helpline up twice.
The first person said "what? Of course it has Bluetooth installed", and yes it does.
The second person said that the Bluetooth headphones must be V4.2 or above (whatever the hell that means?).
Back to the shop then, where they had loads of Bluetooth headphones, in my eyes anyway.
I was told that l can't use any of them as they are for a PC and not a TV.
Headphones are not the be all and end all, l just wanted to watch TV at night without disturbing anyone.
Hopefully, somebody may know this make of TV or similar connections.
Why can't l use any old Bluetooth headphones?
What does Version 4.2 mean, 'cos there is nothing on any of the boxes that say this.
What Bluetooth headphones are recommended in this instance?
Is there something l can plug into either a HDMI or USB socket that has yet not another power cord
whereby l could plug in my "old" wireless headphones.
Oh and by the way, this TV shows the most brill pictures l have seen.
Many thanks

Solution

I'm glad the DAC worked and you can still use your headphones.
I like the USB power, since I can plug it to any device or use a USB phone charger.
If you buy Bluetooth headphones make sure to get it...

jojesa

Distinguished
If your LG TV supports audio thru Bluetooth, then you could connected pretty much any Bluetooth headphones.
There is not such thing as Bluetooth headphones that just work on a PC.

Go to Settings, select Sound, then go to Sound Out, LG Sound Sync and finally Bluetooth.
It will start searching automatically for Bluetooth audio devices (headphones, Soundbar, etc)
Make sure your headphones are in pairing mode.
When your Bluetooth headphones show up on the TV just select it.

willythecat

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2011
Thanks C, an interesting reply, and sorry for the omission.
The existing headphones l have are Philips Wireless FM, Model SHC5111/10.
The base unit has a jack plug that went into a dedicated headphones socket on the back of the Philips TV,
and the base unit has an electrical power supply to it.
The guy in the shop garbled something about an optical jack adapter?
My eyes were glazing over and it was all going over head tech wise.
Hope this makes sense though.
If it means that l can use a simple adapter but keep my wireless headphones, voila!
Regards

willythecat

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2011
Thanks Jo.
Sort of thought that, but nice to at least have it confirmed about using "any" Bluetooth headphones.
Will await and see whether there is an adapter that l can use to plug my old wireless headphones in and
if not, away i go to buy a decent set of Bluetooth headphones.
Regards

willythecat

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2011
Jo, are you just a mystic?
Since getting both of your answers, l've been trawling around and have also found about this Toslink device.
Spooky or what?
It's a shame that it needs YET another power cable, but l could at least use my existing headphones.
Or, as you said before, do l just use Bluetooth.
Won't close my original post just yet, as l now have to make a decision.
Do l go with my trusted old wireless headphones which are great, or ditch them for Bluetooth headphones.
I really do appreciate your comments and you have helped me a lot.
Kind Regards

willythecat

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2011
Jo, took the plunge and ordered the Prozor box that you suggested.
Ordered it from Amazon and it was delivered two days later.
Blimmin' brilliant! Wireless headphones now work a treat.
I suppose that the only downside, if any, is that it uses power from a USB port.
However, my new LG TV has three USB and four HDMI ports so not a problem.
Highly recommend this box.
Now that has been sorted, may go out and buy a very cheap pair of Bluetooth headphones,
just to see whether they work well.
Many thanks for all of your help.
Kind Regards.

jojesa

Distinguished

I'm glad the DAC worked and you can still use your headphones.
I like the USB power, since I can plug it to any device or use a USB phone charger.
If you buy Bluetooth headphones make sure to get it from a store that accept returns. In case you are not happy with them.

If that solved your issue hit the Pick as the solution green button, in case someone else have the same issue.

Solution