Solved! LG TV Random Issues With Recording On Philips Flash USB Drive

May 3, 2020
Hello,

I recently started recording TV shows on my LG 43LM6300PLA LED TV. At first, I started using an old stick with about 15 GB of memory which has to be 2.0 most probably. It was working without any issues but the memory was not enough.

I got a new flash - Philips usb 3.0 64 GB, but when I started recording with it, the recording would get interrupted immediately most of the time and the picture of the recording was a bit distorted. I formatted it and it started recording for about 10 minutes most of the time, without distortions, but still not as it was supposed to. I tried using the old usb again just to make sure that nothing went wrong with the TV and it was fine.

Could you please give me any advice on this? There shouldn't be a reason why the devices wouldn't be compatible, they're also both pretty new, in good condition.

Solution
There should not be issues with using a newer USB3 drive since USB is backwards compatible. But that does not mean that there are not issues. Test it with another USB 2 stick and see if that works. Also contact LG support or check the manual for your TV for some specifics on what size and type of USB devices the TV can work with.
There should not be issues with using a newer USB3 drive since USB is backwards compatible. But that does not mean that there are not issues. Test it with another USB 2 stick and see if that works. Also contact LG support or check the manual for your TV for some specifics on what size and type of USB devices the TV can work with.

Solution