Question LG tv sound via TEAC stereo

Nov 8, 2021
Hi all.
I have had a look through various other threads with problems to mine, but still no joy unfortunately, so here we go.
I have an LG tv model 55UH600V-ZA from which I have ran a new optical cable to the back of my old TEAC stereo hoping to be able to use the stereos B&W speakers. I have fiddled with all sorts of TV settings and cannot get a peep out of the stereo speakers. If I change the speaker source on the stereo to radio the speakers play the radio, so seem to be connected properly, but I cant get the tv to talk to the stereo. Any help much appreciated as I know nothing about this sort of stuff. Thanks.

Nov 8, 2021
You said you have an "old" TEAC stereo, it has an optical input or are you using some adapter? .Do you have a way of testing the optical connection to anything else to make sure it's working? Need to know everything in the connection chain.
Hi, yes the TEAC is probably 15 years old but it does have an optical input. I have nothing else that I can test with the cable, but if I plug the optical cable into either the stereo or the tv the other end shows the RED light. I have also tried plugging the cable into the tv top box which is obviously linked to the tv . Thanks for the help

TRENDING THREADS