LG UN170

Jul 2, 2019
I have an old LG UN170. I don't use it often. It had been sitting for a while (two or three weeks) plugged into the charger. I picked it up today to use it, but it won't turn on. The screen slowly flashes the LG logo on and off.

I have a feeling I won't be able to fix this. I tried holding down the "off" button for three minutes, with the battery in, and with the battery out. No fix.

I have bought used LG UN170s in the past, but it's been a long time. I bought them at electronics stores. They even activated the phone for me. I don't think they were Verizon outlets, but it's been a long time. I bought these used phones fairly cheap. A new phone from Verizon is not cheap.

That's my story. I need a phone. Any suggestions?

So your question is not about your phone not working, you are looking for a new phone correct? Need more details here, what type of phone, what is your budget, seems you are on Verizon, do you have an old grandfathered plan or a new one?

Jul 2, 2019
So your question is not about your phone not working, you are looking for a new phone correct? Need more details here, what type of phone, what is your budget, seems you are on Verizon, do you have an old grandfathered plan or a new one?

Thanks for the reply, hang-the-9. I ended up buying a new phone from Verizon.

All's well that ends well.

Thanks again.