light gaming laptop suggestions

orionflux

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2009
1. What is your budget?
500 to 1300... prefer to spend the least that i can.

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
15.6 or better

3. What screen resolution do you want?
minimum 1920 x 1080 ~ IPS panel, or have the ability to switch screens to an IPS panel.

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
Honestly, I don't care... Any laptop is portable. lol

5. How much battery life do you need?
Don't really care. It'll be plugged in most of the time.

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
World of Warcraft, IMVU, Terraria... I'm a casual gamer, but do spend a bit of time on IMVU.

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
Photo and video editing, watching movies, YouTube, web surfing, general stuff.

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
Would like at least 750 gb But 500 gb would be fine... Can always upgrade.

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
xoticpc.com, newegg.com, walmart.com, amazon.com, tigerdirect,com... Anywhere, really.. As long as they're in the US... No MicroCenter where I live.

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
2-3 years.

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
DVD player/writer

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
Don't have a preference. Just want a decent computer.

13. What country do you live in?
USA

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
Would prefer core i5 or better.. But ultimately, just want the best bang for the buck.

I was looking at this one: ASUS X555LB-NS51 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834232376

But swapping the screen to an IPS panel would be like another 100 bucks.. Don't know if that's a good deal or not... But it meets my other needs... Please let me know your recommendations if you know of something better.

Thank you for your time. :)

orionflux

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2009
it's got an 870m, though... may as well just get an asus gl551 jw-ds74... or sager np8651.. and like i said, i'd really rather not spend more than i have to.. i'm a casual gamer.. and it's mainly just world of warcraft. lol