Line across my screen.

Makalah

Estimable
Apr 20, 2015
How do i get this super thin kind of dotted line across my screen off i just got this laptop 3 days ago from office max and the line just appeared yesterday evening and iv been turning my laptop off to see if it got rid of it but it doesnt and how can i get it off without having to connect to an external monitor because i cant i just really need this line off please help!

Solution

If the line does not persist on an external monitor, then the problem is either the display (more likely if carried around or dropped), or the cable connecting it to the GPU (Almost impossible if laptop is kept open as desktop replacement). In either case, it would require a significant amount of work to replace the part.

What is your current laptop model and specs?

AdviserKulikov

Estimable
Jan 13, 2015
Alright, first off, please use sentences. Thank you. Giant run on sentences without any punctuation really makes it hard to figure out what you are saying.

second, is this the laptop or external monitor you are talking about?

third, is this line appearing when the screen is turned off? Meaning no power is being put through the screen, not meaning there is no image source.

Makalah

Estimable
Apr 20, 2015

Makalah

Estimable
Apr 20, 2015
Sorry, It is a laptop. The line is on my screen when my laptop is turned on. Is the best option just to take it back to office max and get it checked out?

AdviserKulikov

Estimable
Jan 13, 2015

If the line does not persist on an external monitor, then the problem is either the display (more likely if carried around or dropped), or the cable connecting it to the GPU (Almost impossible if laptop is kept open as desktop replacement). In either case, it would require a significant amount of work to replace the part.

What is your current laptop model and specs?

Solution