Solved! LinkedIn - Connection Request related questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

sadperson

Commendable
Mar 15, 2018
Hi,

I tried my best to find some LinkedIn discussion board outside of LinkedIn domain but there doesn't seem to be one. I'm wondering if any LinkedIn expert could please answer me on the following:

For better understanding of my questions, lets just assume I was adding (connection request) person "X" Could someone please help me with the following:
  1. Before I sent connection request, there had been obviously button "Connect" on X's profile but now this button on his profile is gone. What could that mean?
  2. When I sent connection request, I remember that there was button "Pending" but I don't remember if new button "Pending" occurred or button "Connect" changed its title to "Pending". However, the button "Pending" is gone from X's profile. What could that mean?
  3. On X's profile are now two buttons. One is "Message" and another is "More". If I click on "More" then dropdown menu occurs with the following options: Share profile via message, Save to PDF, Follow, Pending, Report / Block. Could you please tell me what is the functionality and meaning of "Pending" in this dropdown menu? I tried to click on it but nothing happens. Absolutely nothing. No redirection, no pop up message, etc. Kindly note that this message is completely different than second one with different "Pending" reference point (location on profile).
  4. If I click on "My Network" then I can see at the top whether or not I have some pending invitation requests (connection requests) from others who added me but I haven't responded yet. Where could I see vice versa: Where could I see who I added but he/she/they hasn't/haven't responded to my connection request yet?
I'm already aware of the easiest way if X (or anyone else) approved my connection request: I simply check my Connections list. However, this has nothing to do with my four questions.
Please if someone could help me, I would appreciate a lot.

Solution
LinkedIn settings have now changed. This same issue occurred with me as well you have to check out the drop down menu. In some profiles, you will find the connect button but for others you have to select the 3 dots and then you will be able to find the connect button.
Sep 18, 2020
LinkedIn settings have now changed. This same issue occurred with me as well you have to check out the drop down menu. In some profiles, you will find the connect button but for others you have to select the 3 dots and then you will be able to find the connect button.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.