LIVE BLOG: Apple's San Francisco Event

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

N.Broekhuijsen

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2009
Where did my complete comment go??? It just copied the quote, and left out anything I wrote.... GRR

Tom's guide needs to have comment edits!

anyways I was saying how I was actually quite impressed with their new line-up, but it does not compensate for how dirty a company apple is today.

I see it as: Putting cake frosting on a turd; it still not going to be any better!

Probably gonna get thumbed down for this but whatever

Travis Beane

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2010
How about FLAC support (not just ALAC), simple, easy file transfers, Micro/Mini USB cord, and not charge $100 to replace the battery?
I like some Apple's music players, but for my needs, there is better. I would like some apps on the other devices, but it's not worth it.
Their Mac Pro/AIO devices are junk, the cost of their laptops is in no way justified.
Will the next iPod touch at least have some better audio quality? It seems that most audiophiles won't touch iPods form that aspect alone.
Maybe Apple should stick to iPods and leave the rest of the arket alone. :D

I want to go and strum that huge guitar. -_-

crom

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2007
I still don't see AppleTV really going anywhere. Its 2 years too late. The fact that you can get Netflix, Hulu, and YouTube on almost all of the current crop of game consoles alone kills that device. Save the 100 bucks and buy a couple of games, or better yet, pay off your Netflix service for almost a year and watch it on your Xbox/Wii/PS3.

smeker

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2010
[citation][nom]crom[/nom]I still don't see AppleTV really going anywhere. Its 2 years too late. The fact that you can get Netflix, Hulu, and YouTube on almost all of the current crop of game consoles alone kills that device. Save the 100 bucks and buy a couple of games, or better yet, pay off your Netflix service for almost a year and watch it on your Xbox/Wii/PS3.[/citation]

It's quiet, small, and it does what it needs to do perfectly for $99.
Have you considered that some people might not want to have game console just to stream movies or spend hundreds of $ just to get an HTCP or PC hooked up to their TV.

This is a great product, and again, not all but some of the narrow-minded nerd community, will be wrong again as this product picks up in sales.

joytech22

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2008
50 percent of customers buying Macs are buying their first Macs.

Wow really? i was considering grabbing my first mac, but i don't really want to spend $1800-$1600 for a low end model (at least a MB Pro or a workstation).

Now i can see why 50% of buyers are first-timers.

Shadow703793

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2007
It's quiet, small, and it does what it needs to do perfectly for $99.
Have you considered that some people might not want to have game console just to stream movies or spend hundreds of $ just to get an HTCP or PC hooked up to their TV
You do realize that the WD HD Live supports more formats and is cheaper?

drakefyre

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2010
Somehow I doubt that the Touch has over 50% of the market share. It's not primarily a gaming device, so it crosses markets. You might sell way more Touch devices than PSPs or Nintendo devices but those devices are primarily for gaming, and secondarily for other stuff. It's like saying "My music player wins because it's sold more than your game console." It just doesn't really work.

smeker

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2010
[citation][nom]Shadow703793[/nom]You do realize that the WD HD Live supports more formats and is cheaper?[/citation]
WD HD Live is $149...

mrhappy50

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2009
WHAT THE HELL IS WITH ALL THESE STUPID ADS ABOVE ME!!!!!!!!

Any ways... that nano is a rip off. one of my fingers will cover the whole screen. I like REAL buttons better. But apple still has to face the fact that only 5 or 6 people are going to get the TV box thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.