Live TV Coming to iPhone, iPod Touch

Status
Not open for further replies.

mavroxur

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2009
To be successful, wouldn't this require a network that actually provides descent bandwidth with reasonable lacency? AT&T isn't known for having a very fast network as it is, for the most part....

hp79

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2006
I think you add a device like an external battery pack on your ipod touch which receives digital tv streams. It doesn't use any bandwidth.

RooD

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2004
With android just wait for apps like phonemypc to do audio too and use your pc/htcp as a medium. That is what I will do... will there be lag... slightly I'm sure especialy at higher quality, but as long as the audio syncs up I will be fine with it. If I need perfect quality ill either go home, dvr it or port it to my phone and not have it be live,...

okoaomo

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2009
FLO TV is an entirely seperate network of broadcast antennas that provides encrypted TV broadcasts. This has no bearing on AT&T or Verison or any other carrier that offers the service. Other than the brief handshake needed to make sure you are a paid subscriber. The antennas are polerized for better reception by a mobile (actually moving) device. The network wis in all major markets now, and will be nation wide in the very near future.

Parsifal57

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2009
Just wait for AT&T's network to grind to a halt with this app. I guess the 'tiered pricing' that AT&T have no plans for will be coming a lot sooner than everyone expects :p

pocketdrummer

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2007
[citation][nom]hp79[/nom]I think you add a device like an external battery pack on your ipod touch which receives digital tv streams. It doesn't use any bandwidth.[/citation]

Then why the monthly fee?

tonewheelmonster

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
I work for a TV company and the last thing I want to do at the end of the day is watch Tv at home, let alone on my PHONE. In fact I just gave my TV away and HULU desktop is a great fix when I need it.

mergatroid

Distinguished
May 2, 2008
Great, there goes what's left of the bandwidth already being hogged by a minority of iPhone users. Glad my carrier doesn't sell iPhones and we don't have any bandwidth issues because of it.

I agree with whoever said "why would anyone want to watch TV (or a move for that matter) on their mobile phone, other than the "I can so I will" mentality.

Status
Not open for further replies.