Lock Your PC with Phone When You Walk Away

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

todicamer

Distinguished
May 7, 2009
[citation][nom]g-thor[/nom]So what happens when you get to work and realize you forgot your cell phone? How do you unlock your computer? Will your employer dock your pay for the time it takes to go home, get the paired cell phone and get back to work?It really seems frivolous and ridiculous. If someone works for a company that is that security conscious, then they need to develop good security habits on their own. This doesn't even qualify as idiot-proofing. (As Robert Heinlein said, it's extremely difficult to make anything idiot-proof because idiots are so darned ingenious.)[/citation]

I use this kind of software because in my computer at work I have confidential and sensitive information, sometimes you go to the bathroom and forgot to lock your computer(win+l), in this case the software is a good improvement in security.

todicamer

Distinguished
May 7, 2009
[citation][nom]bill gates is your daddy[/nom]Exactly. I guess having to manipulate a couple of keys was way to taxing on our lazy world today. Why do I feel like we are on a fast track to becoming the society that was portrayed in Wall-E?[/citation]

I use this kind of software because in my computer at work I have confidential and sensitive information, sometimes you go to the bathroom and forgot to lock your computer(win+l), in this case the software is a good improvement in security.

todicamer

Distinguished
May 7, 2009
[citation][nom]todicamer[/nom]I use this kind of software because in my computer at work I have confidential and sensitive information, sometimes you go to the bathroom and forgot to lock your computer(win+l), in this case the software is a good improvement in security.[/citation]

zorry, wrong reply

mrhappy50

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2009
hold on.. let me take my phone out.... start the app.... and connecting... DAMN! I didt turn bluetooth on got to go back to my laptop and start over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS