Logitech G230 or Razer Kraken (w/ microphone)?

voyboyfan

Honorable
Aug 29, 2013
Hello community.

I've had these 2 headphones in my mind, never had ANY experience with Razer or Logitech.
I'm leaning towards Razer because they seem more popular and more quality brand than Logitech.
Now, I've read about Krakens feeling cheap and having poor sound quality, but people didn't say anything about the G230.

Sooo between these 2 headphones, which one would you pick?
Please list pros and cons about each if possible. I just don't want to regret it.
Note that I'm not from US or UK, so my options are very limited.

Solution
I would go for the HyperX Cloud Pro instead.
But out of those two, the Logitech G230. I've used both.

The Razer headsets sound horrible and are cheaply made. The only nice thing is the way it looks, nothing else. Their sound is very cramped and muddy. Especially on the higher notes you'll notice a distortion. Another issue with this headset, the ear cups, if you have big ears it will touch the inner parts of the cups. After some long use, your ears will hurt. The mic on this is bad(some people find it acceptable though). Razer headsets = Horrible sound, nice aesthetics. That sums it up.

On the other hand, the G230, it's not a glorious headset either but it's better then the Razer ones. The good thing about this one is the way wraps...

TheMentalist

Honorable
May 13, 2013
I would go for the HyperX Cloud Pro instead.
But out of those two, the Logitech G230. I've used both.

The Razer headsets sound horrible and are cheaply made. The only nice thing is the way it looks, nothing else. Their sound is very cramped and muddy. Especially on the higher notes you'll notice a distortion. Another issue with this headset, the ear cups, if you have big ears it will touch the inner parts of the cups. After some long use, your ears will hurt. The mic on this is bad(some people find it acceptable though). Razer headsets = Horrible sound, nice aesthetics. That sums it up.

On the other hand, the G230, it's not a glorious headset either but it's better then the Razer ones. The good thing about this one is the way wraps around your ears. It's base isn't very good in a audiophile manner but it's nice for it's price. The mids and highs are fairly acceptable and clear. The mic isn't very good, the voice is understandable but there is a slight noise in the background(soft rain type). Still better mic than the Razer one IMO, since it has a better gain. For the price I'd go for this.

Again, if you can, look for the HyperX Cloud Pro, it demolishes those two.

Solution

voyboyfan

Honorable
Aug 29, 2013
I've found some G430 for about $10 more, but I don't know what's surround 7.1? Because that's the only advantage the G430 have over the 230... I think. Is it worth the $10 price diffrence?
I don't think that I will use that surround sound because I will only use them for CS:GO and Skype.

G230 aren't glorious but they're good looking IMO.
Yes I've heard about the HyperX but as I said my options are very limited.
We don't even have the Radeon 7000 series here...

Did anyone use Speed Link Coniux? Speed Link seems like a quality brand but I've never ever heard of them.

IvakaS

Estimable
Jan 10, 2015

Did you make a mistake when you bought the G230s? I really like Razer Kraken Black (no mic) and the Logitech G230, but I'm not sure which one to buy. Do you like the Logitech one?

voyboyfan

Honorable
Aug 29, 2013

no they're pretty good, i would recommend them to everyone if you're on a budget

Treq

Estimable
Jul 22, 2015

hey dude.. im in same situation as you were... however, im not on budget but here the options are very limited.. i have only Razer Kraken, Logitech g230, g430 and SteelSeries Siberia V3 to choose from.. everything else is cheap local/semi-local brands which i dont prefer to buy... ALSO, im just gonna be using this for CSGO, just like you.. so would you recommend g230? do you hear footsteps properly? my previous headset disoriented me severely which got me killed.. so i need a proper headset with more or less average mic..

XxskaterjerkxX

Honorable
Aug 16, 2013
My Razer Kraken pro 7.1 are fine, there comfortable sound great and high pitch notes don't sound bad at all and the mic is good as well, the other guy probably had bad luck with his pair. It happens to all product one person will buy a razer it'l work great but logitech failed on em or its vise versa for me ive been using my headset for almost 2 and a half years and they work fine :)

Treq

Estimable
Jul 22, 2015

well.. you are right... still i heard from a LOT of discussions in many forums that Razer has failed their expectations.. and to update my situation, apparently my only choice is either Logitech g35 or SteelSeries Siberia V3... would you say i should go for g35?

IvakaS

Estimable
Jan 10, 2015

I bought the G230s. They are perfect. Buy them, download Razer Synapse and enjoy!