Logitech G502 Proteus Core Gaming Mouse Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

black_obelisk

Estimable
Jul 2, 2014
No mention of what type of sensor it uses? Is it optical, or is it laser? I can't find any definitive information on this, even on Logitech's site.

AlaskanDSM

Estimable
Jun 11, 2014
"The Proteus Core can store three profiles internally, or a virtually unlimited number of profiles on a computer. One of the best features of the Logitech software is its ability to scan your PC, determine which games you have installed and automatically create profiles for them.

From there, customizing the profiles is simple. Simply click on a command (the profiles use game-specific commands, such as Grapnel Gun for "Batman: Arkham City" or Attack-Move for "StarCraft II") and drag it onto the desired button. The software will automatically apply the profile as soon as the game launches."

I own this mouse and I cannot find the above quoted options for the G502 in the Logitech software. I CAN find it when I change over to my Logitech G15 keyboard.... but that is a different piece of hardware. I would like to see these profiles to be able to customize them for the mouse... other than the the three built in profiles to be modified.

I feel as if this information from Tom's Hardware was incorrect and misleading. It may have been referring to a different piece of hardware other than the G502 mouse within the Logitech Gaming Software (such as a keyboard) or simply referring to the overall capability of the Logitech Gaming Software directly, which these particular options appears to not be available/compatible on the G502 mouse within the software.

However, I would gladly eat those words if someone (or Tom's Hardware) could explain to me where I can configure my mouse in the Logitech software as described in the above quote as I already understand how to modify the 3 built in profiles.

The review seems to be slightly misleading in this one area as for the reason of my post. Truthfully, it's an amazing mouse with some kickass features and I love it so far. If you wait for it to go on sale, you can get a great deal too!

AlaskanDSM

Estimable
Jun 11, 2014
I will now gladly eat my words as just after I posted that, I dug a little harder into the software and found the section that was being referred to after having had my mouse for quite some time... aaaaaand the option was right in front of me the... whole... time... ***Facepalm***

For anyone else who might want to know... It's under the Home option for your mouse. Then you have to manually select "On-Board Memory" or "Automatic Game Detection". It automatically defaults to the "On-Board Memory" option when the software is installed and I somehow overlooked that manual (digital) switch for the past few months.... *sigh*. At least I learned something new to make my mouse even better!!

I'm going to go sit over in the corner now with my dunce hat on.

"The Proteus Core can store three profiles internally, or a virtually unlimited number of profiles on a computer. One of the best features of the Logitech software is its ability to scan your PC, determine which games you have installed and automatically create profiles for them.

From there, customizing the profiles is simple. Simply click on a command (the profiles use game-specific commands, such as Grapnel Gun for "Batman: Arkham City" or Attack-Move for "StarCraft II") and drag it onto the desired button. The software will automatically apply the profile as soon as the game launches."

I own this mouse and I cannot find the above quoted options for the G502 in the Logitech software. I CAN find it when I change over to my Logitech G15 keyboard.... but that is a different piece of hardware. I would like to see these profiles to be able to customize them for the mouse... other than the the three built in profiles to be modified.

I feel as if this information from Tom's Hardware was incorrect and misleading. It may have been referring to a different piece of hardware other than the G502 mouse within the Logitech Gaming Software (such as a keyboard) or simply referring to the overall capability of the Logitech Gaming Software directly, which these particular options appears to not be available/compatible on the G502 mouse within the software.

However, I would gladly eat those words if someone (or Tom's Hardware) could explain to me where I can configure my mouse in the Logitech software as described in the above quote as I already understand how to modify the 3 built in profiles.

The review seems to be slightly misleading in this one area as for the reason of my post. Truthfully, it's an amazing mouse with some kickass features and I love it so far. If you wait for it to go on sale, you can get a great deal too!

Brady2121

Honorable
Sep 11, 2012
The Logitech G502 is an overall good mouse. Its adjustable weight and sensitivity are only a couple of its amazing features. I recommend readers check out this review as well - The Logitech G502 is an overall good mouse. Its adjustable weight and sensitivity are only a couple of its amazing features. I reccomend readers check out this review as well - http://thegamelands.com/logitech-g502-review/

Ayamaprantenna

Estimable
Sep 17, 2015
Does this thing have DPI scrolling? Because... If this thing doesn't have DPI scrolling... i don't care how good everything else is, without dpi scrolling, it's crap.

I like everything about Logitech mice, they're comfortable, the software is solid, the hardware is great... but configuring a handful of dpi stages for every single program on your computer is a major pain in the butt. Scrolling is a must.

Status
Not open for further replies.