Logitech Harmony Ultimate Home: Remote to Rule Them All

Status
Not open for further replies.

ubercake

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2009
These remotes are great.

I have an older 700 and have been using Harmony remotes for years. They were the first truly universal that could control even the Motorola cable boxes when no other remotes could. This is what turned me on to them.

evanevery

Estimable
Sep 17, 2014
Not even close to the flexibility and programmability of the IRULE product.

www.iruleathome.com

The Logitech remotes aren't the ultimate anything and don't come close to "ruling it all"...

natekinkead

Estimable
Sep 17, 2014
Here's an in-depth analysis of the Harmony's new Z-Wave home automation integration. Is it too little, too late, too much? http://kinkeadtech.com/2014/09/logitech-harmony-gets-z-wave-home-automation-late/

VinceCL

Estimable
Jun 15, 2014
No Windows Phone app? No thanks. I have the original version of the remote shown and it is an ergonomic nightmare. The action buttons above the screen should be below it like previous versions. The touch screen is a nightmare if you brush it accidentally. I spend most of my time putting it back onto the right screen. It is flexible, that is to be sure, but the 880 before it (my first Logitech remote), though not as powerful, was a far better remote to actually use.

mattyj2001

Estimable
Sep 22, 2014
Not even close to the flexibility and programmability of the IRULE product.

www.iruleathome.com

The Logitech remotes aren't the ultimate anything and don't come close to "ruling it all"...

That's just a remote app for smartphones, which doesn't rule. When the wife asks how to turn the TV on and I say 'Get your phone, unlock it, start the app and ...', it fails miserably as a TV remote. Or any type of remote, for that matter.

mattyj2001

Estimable
Sep 22, 2014

True, perhaps. :)

I feel like my fingers prefer tactile buttons for the most part. In any case, it would be rad to control my lights from the TV remote, and have it automatically set the mood when watching certain things.

Status
Not open for further replies.