Logitech Surround Sound Speakers Z506 problems

Ashley Smith

Estimable
Aug 12, 2014
Hello all.
I bought the Z506 today for £55 for my PC but for some reason 2 of the speakers and the surround sound system with the 2 speakers buillt in do not work.
I have them all connected up correctly on my Gaming PC.

Is the black and orange socket thing on the end of the black wire for surround system is this why it isn't working? Maybe my motherboard does not support surround system?

But if I take out the orange and black socket/wire from the back of the bass the speakers work fine but very fuzzy except from the main speaker with the volume control on.

Now correct me if I am wrong should music be played in all speakers or do 1 or 2 speakers just do a fuzzy noise?
Thanks.

Solution
computer+sound+card.jpg

you need all 3 plugged in, green orange and black.

page 1 of the setup manual http://www.logitech.com/assets/33015/z506620-002649005326gsamr.pdf

you will only get 5.1 from 5.1 sources (games, movies, etcetera).
for most windows sounds you will get sound out the front only (music, windows sounds, many web sounds are all stereo)
now, its possible in most sound drivers to extend this stereo audio to your rear speakers, but its still stereo sound.

fuzzy? could be you have poor quality onboard sound which could be fixed by a better soundcard. see if clarity improves when you connect the green plug to a device such as a cellphone...
computer+sound+card.jpg

you need all 3 plugged in, green orange and black.

page 1 of the setup manual http://www.logitech.com/assets/33015/z506620-002649005326gsamr.pdf

you will only get 5.1 from 5.1 sources (games, movies, etcetera).
for most windows sounds you will get sound out the front only (music, windows sounds, many web sounds are all stereo)
now, its possible in most sound drivers to extend this stereo audio to your rear speakers, but its still stereo sound.

fuzzy? could be you have poor quality onboard sound which could be fixed by a better soundcard. see if clarity improves when you connect the green plug to a device such as a cellphone playing music (using it like you would headphones). if clarity improves, then sure perhaps a soundcard will fix it.

Solution