Logitech Unveils Its Ultra Portable Cube Mouse

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobusboy

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2009
I've never seen the benefit of a micro sized mouse. I used a laptop often for presentations on the road and went out and purchased a full size mouse because my hands cramped up trying to use a tiny mouse.

sseyler

Distinguished
May 14, 2008
[citation][nom]bobusboy[/nom]I've never seen the benefit of a micro sized mouse. I used a laptop often for presentations on the road and went out and purchased a full size mouse because my hands cramped up trying to use a tiny mouse.[/citation]

It's definitely true that at some point, using a tiny mouse becomes more annoying than using a touchpad (for me, at least).

nevertell

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2009
Using a touchpad is more annoying than using a trackpoint for me.
Using a mouse is more annoying than using a trackpoint for me.
:>
Unless I'm gaming.

balister

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2006
[citation][nom]teknomedic[/nom]interesting... this might work well for my HTPC so I can use the mouse from the couch. Will have to check it out.[/citation]

You might want to look into the Logitech M530 Wireless Trackball (I think it's the M530 anyway). Overall, if you're going to sit on a couch and use an HTPC, that gives you the best of both world as you don't have to move your hand at all.

ojas

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2011
Just wondering, don't wireless devices like keyboards and mice using the 2.4 GHz band cause interference with Wi-Fi signals?

gogogadgetliver

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2010
http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/en-us/p/arc-touch-mouse/RVF-00001

Arc touch mouse:
-Fits an actual human hand rather than a squirrels.
-Snaps flat to shut off and becomes smaller than this logitech
-Has a tactile feedback unit under the touch scroll pad...feels *better* than a real wheel.
-The sensor in it works on anything. I'm not making this up... you can use this mouse on a cat...for as long as the cat will tolerate it. My cat is black, probably won't work if your cat is mirrored.

Forgive me THGs for sounding like one of those ad spammers. Just my legit recommendation.

G

[citation][nom]spentshells[/nom]Terrible product. I use Logitec for every PC I've built in the last 5 years. This is awful.[/citation]

"Hey John, you're here... Go ahead and start your presentation."

"Right away, oh hey, can I borrow your mouse?"

"Yeah sure, what happened to yours, that new one you got?"

"Umm... my dog ate it."

"LO..Whut? You have a chihuahua."

f-14

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2010
i never understood designing products small so that only a 3 year old's can use.
i passed on anything smaller then my fingers.
when cell phones become as small as a star trek lapel pins and need only a hand tap to power up and take voice commands like my current phone, then and only then will i reconsider micro devices.
this ridiculousness of micronizing is getting the the point of having to use pins and needles to operate.
a wireless laser pointer with the non laser end equipped with a pen clicker would be smarter and better than this. retrain the webcam with a kinect style sensor to scan for only laser points.
if i thought of this i am only 2 years ahead of the company who will have this product on market, so somebody jump on this and fill out the patent application before i get up the will power to fill out another one myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.