Logitech z506 centre speaker only working.

Jays Technology

Estimable
May 3, 2014
Hello, I have bought a Logitech z506 speaker system to find that only the centre speaker and the sub are working using a single input cable and no I don,t have a surround sound card yet

Thanks,
Jay

Solution
to get surround sound you need to connect up all 3 cables.
green-front right & left
orange- center and subwoofer
black- rear right & left

if you are getting sub & center then you probably have the orange jack plugged into the computer or you have the wiring wrong on the back of the sub for the speakers or something...

needless to say you need a soundcard or onboard audio with those three connections (a 5.1 capable card)
to get surround sound you need to connect up all 3 cables.
green-front right & left
orange- center and subwoofer
black- rear right & left

if you are getting sub & center then you probably have the orange jack plugged into the computer or you have the wiring wrong on the back of the sub for the speakers or something...

needless to say you need a soundcard or onboard audio with those three connections (a 5.1 capable card)

Solution

Jays Technology

Estimable
May 3, 2014

Well according to the manual I can plug it into my laptop just using the green cable plugged into the green port and it should use a matrix thing to push it to all speakers or something , the same thing happens with the stereo inputs on the back of the sub but I will get a 5.1 card for my laptop sometime soon