Solved! Logitech Z623 or...

Dec 16, 2018
I was writing about the Companion 20. I realize you have to be a Bose fan, otherwise the answer won't be positive

I was wanting to know the difference in them vs the Z623 or Promedia's by Klipsch

From what I read the Promedias are better than the Z623

People always, which is an understatement, say you should get the A2+ when they didn't even have that amount to spend

Well I want to see if things change. I can afford them But did they change? I heard them 2 years ago and soundwise they are in the same category, maybe better or worse, but power wise, the other ones have way more power. Wouldn't you say

I may even agree they sound better, but again, they are more for a setup like you see in their ads, where they are sitting right next to a laptop.

Thanks so much

Solution
The amount of power a self powered speaker or speaker system has is pretty much useless information because
1. They lie a lot. There is no standard way of measuring power that the manufacturer has to use so they can just make up a number.
2. It doesn't indicated that the speakers will play louder since a more efficient speaker system required less power to play equally loud.
3. It doesn't indicate that the speakers sound better either.
The Klipsch sats have tweeters and woofers. The Logitech don't have tweeters and the Bose don't have tweeters or a subwoofer and cost twice as much as the Klipsch.
If you can afford the Bose you can afford the A2. If not then the Klipsch for about $120 would be my choice of those three. I would suggest...
Your post is a bit confusing, what you like depends on what you like, differences you can look up on the spec sheets, but nothing will tell you if you like how they sound. What other people like won't matter much to you. For me, I would pick the Klipsch first but that is because I already have a set of the THX Logitech speakers so I'd want to know how the Klipsch sounded like. Bose would be last. It's pretty much impossible to pick speakers based on what other people think, same thing with anything that involves opinions, keyboard, mice, monitors.

The amount of power a self powered speaker or speaker system has is pretty much useless information because
1. They lie a lot. There is no standard way of measuring power that the manufacturer has to use so they can just make up a number.
2. It doesn't indicated that the speakers will play louder since a more efficient speaker system required less power to play equally loud.
3. It doesn't indicate that the speakers sound better either.
The Klipsch sats have tweeters and woofers. The Logitech don't have tweeters and the Bose don't have tweeters or a subwoofer and cost twice as much as the Klipsch.
If you can afford the Bose you can afford the A2. If not then the Klipsch for about $120 would be my choice of those three. I would suggest you consider Edifier.
https://www.edifier.com/us/en/speakers/r1280db-bluetooth-bookshelf-speakers-built-in-amplifier-coaxial-optical

Solution