Looking for 3d TV any suggestion !!

sky12

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2010
hey
well i want to try good 3d TV , is it worth it ?? i will use it for tv and for gaming and watching movies from my pc any suggestion , thans for helping

sky12

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2010
thanks for replaying sorry it took me long but i had internet problems
well , these model not available around here , so i'm stuck with samsung and lg
which is better samsung or lg ?which models are the best ?
i don't want black light bleed or any thing like, i want a decent 3d tv that i won't regret about the purchase day

any help would be appreciated

heatherlinney

Honorable
May 10, 2012

LG has its full-array LED backlight with local dimming which keeps black light bleeding at the absolute minimum. For example its flagship LG LM9600. You can search more information on its official website. The Sony HX929 is also another LED TV that has virtually no back light bleeding (from personal experience).

trepxe

Honorable
Feb 14, 2012

I also second that. However the price difference between the LG LM9600 and the Sony HX929 is not that big especially when concerning the dates of release for each model. (LM9600-may 2012) (Sony HX929- July 2011).

Out of those two, I would say the LG LM9600 would be my choice mainly due to the glasses and the dual play feature in the LG. The Sony is a great TV though. FlatpanelsHD measured their black levels pretty deep.

cutley7ad

Honorable
Jun 20, 2012
I was wondering “Why no one mentioned the difference between active and passive 3d glasses?” until I saw trepxe’s comment. You said you are buying 3d TV for gaming and watching movies, right? Active 3D TVs are inconvenient for gaming. You have to recharge the batteries of glasses often and active 3D glasses cause eye fatigue and dizziness easily because of their flickering. I am saying this because Sony, Samsung are active 3D TVs and LG is a passive 3D TV. I would go with LG’s passive 3D TV for gaming.

daveeed12

Honorable
Jun 25, 2012
I use LG's LM760T for the dual play when I play games. It's a great feature and the picture quality is amazing. I also got speakers from LG that make the audio great.I recommend LM760T.

manunited619

Honorable
Jun 26, 2012
hey I agree, the passive would be so much more comfortable than the active. We had a movie night with my friends (he had a samsung 3D) and when I tried lying down on the couch, the glasses went black! Later found out that you cant really move around in those...so annoying

sakun

Honorable
Jun 21, 2012

Indeed. If you want a LED 3D TV, definitely choose a passive 3D TV. From my personal experience, actives are not meant for people who play 3D games for long hours or watch movies a lot. I only know a few people that doesn't feel uncomfortable with active 3D and the percentage is very low.

yang0409

Honorable
Jun 11, 2012

I have a lg smart 3d tv. I got mine a couple of months ago. Although I like its passive 3d because its flicker free it's not the only reason why I bought it. I also considered other factors like price in relation to performance. I find lg the most failry priced among the trusted brands.