Looking for 480 FPS Camera at 720p

Dec 30, 2018
Does not need to be a compact camera. Would like to keep price under $500. Either high ISO or good lower light ability would be nice.

vincentneo

Great
Dec 25, 2018
Am I right to say that you want a camera that shoots 720p video with at least 480fps for slow motion? If so, why not just get a phone like the Sony Xperia XZ1? I don't know whats the price like over in your country, but I'd say its worth taking a look, considering it does 720p at 960fps

Hope this helps.

vincentneo

Great
Dec 25, 2018
Am I right to say that you want a camera that shoots 720p video with at least 480fps for slow motion? If so, why not just get a phone like the Sony Xperia XZ1? I don't know whats the price like over in your country, but I'd say its worth taking a look, considering it does 720p at 960fps

Hope this helps.

Phillip Corcoran

Splendid
I guess like me the OP prefers to use a "proper" camera. You would never get the full versatility or performance of a $500 camera in a mobile phone anyhow, and high ISO gives much cleaner pictures on a proper quality camera with a larger image sensor.

vincentneo

Great
Dec 25, 2018

If a proper camera is preferred, the $500 price point won't be enough for a high quality camera with high fps.
I can recommend a Sony RX100 VI, but that definitely cost around double of the projected budget of $500.

I personally love photography probably as much as you do, and from the DSLRs that I own, I learnt that photography is an expensive hobby.

Dec 30, 2018

Great suggestion! I think it only records 2 seconds, which would work technically, might be trickier for me. I still would like 5+ seconds of recording time and it doesn't need to be 960fps (though that is ideal). 480 works too. Thanks again for the reply!!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
green4172 Digital Cameras 0
alesstudi Digital Cameras 1
R Digital Cameras 0
R Digital Cameras 3
B Digital Cameras 0
J Digital Cameras 0
J Digital Cameras 1
alekoi Digital Cameras 0
C Digital Cameras 1
S Digital Cameras 0
xupitera834 Digital Cameras 6