Looking for a free Anti virus for father in law

voxgm

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2010
So Im looking for a free anti virus for my father and law. He doesn't really know about safe browsing habits because he is not very experienced with computers. I just finished doing a complete reinstall of windows 7 64bit on his computer because of the all the viruses that was on it. I have windows 8.1 and im just using mse with malwarebytes pro and also SAS as an on demand. Im kinda lost when it comes to free anti virus programs because I know what to click on and not to click on and mostly just use steam for my games. I thought about the free version of avast or panda. I did not like the free version of bitdefender the last time I tried it. It had no options to configure and just popped up all the time. Any recommendations?

voxgm

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2010
He was using mse when he got all thos creepy crawlies. I think mse is for people with safe browsing habits. I have personally seen mse miss a virus and had to do a complete restore. Had it on my windows 7 pc until my wife used it and got a virus. I need something more robust the mse. I personally like mse but I need something stronger.

mdd1963

Distinguished
Been using 360TS from Qihoo for about a year; easy to use, sometimes offers "block/allow" choice, and, even if blocks something automatically, easy to reverse if needed, plus oversees windows updates of a security nature, and, offers temp/junk file cleaning as well....