Looking for a gaming headset that doesn't cause me headache!

asbani

Estimable
Nov 10, 2014
Hello, To me, I have a preference on what would be the best headset,

Most gaming headsets actually cause me a headache so it is hard for me to find a good one, what I'm looking for is basically a headset that sets alright, but is not tightly placed on my head, you can say I have a wide head from ear to ear, so every headset i've tried is actually really squeezing, i feel like its squeezing my head and when i remove it, I feel like pressure is going away, in fact the placement of the headset will be red, and I'll have headaches if i have long gaming sessions.

So basically I'm looking for one that is really loose in the ear , basically a thumb up rule to know if its good or not that if i place it on my neck, the two ear places will not touch my chin, the two ear places right,left should actually be spread open.

what gaming headset have this characteristics?

Sorry my English is not perfect, not my language. thanks!

Solution
The sound quality depends on the headset just like for around the ear ones. The design doesn't really play part in this and you'd have to research some good ones just like you'd do for the around the ear types. Yes it sits on your ear and not completely around the ear but because they're so much lighter, they are more comfortable on the head when you're using them for hours or so I find them. I recommend going to a store that has a few of these kinds of models and trying it out on your head. Descriptions are hard to do for something that's so dependent on individual perception of comfort.

Sedivy

Commendable
Dec 17, 2016
I've had issues you're having. Instead of going for around the ear, which are typically heavy and do a certain amount of pressure on the head, try going for on the ear. They don't look nearly as massive or impressive but can have very good sound and at the same time be much lighter (and easier on the head).
On amazon, just select for that category like so:
https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_nr_n_18?fst=as%3Aoff&rh=n%3A12097480011%2Ck%3Aheadset&keywords=headset&ie=UTF8&qid=1499129213&rnid=2941120011
and look for your favorite brands.
Here's an example:
https://www.amazon.com/Bose-QuietComfort-Acoustic-Cancelling-Headphones/dp/B0081XAXXM/ref=sr_1_1?s=aht&ie=UTF8&qid=1499129366&sr=1-1&keywords=headset
or the insanely expensive but weight distributed on 2 around the head parts:
https://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-HME-26-II-100-X3K1-Professional-Connectors/dp/B06WLLDRWK/ref=sr_1_2?s=aht&ie=UTF8&qid=1499129395&sr=1-2&keywords=headset
You get the idea...

asbani

Estimable
Nov 10, 2014
Thanks for the response, but let me get this straight, so instead of the headset going around the ear, this will sit on top of the ear? isn't this even more uncomfortable? also does it have the same good sound for csgo, like I need to hear when a guy comes from the left or from the right, headset quality sound play huge part on this.

I used headsets where I know for certain a player is coming from my left, and I used another bad quality headsets where I have no idea where the player is coming from :S

Sedivy

Commendable
Dec 17, 2016
The sound quality depends on the headset just like for around the ear ones. The design doesn't really play part in this and you'd have to research some good ones just like you'd do for the around the ear types. Yes it sits on your ear and not completely around the ear but because they're so much lighter, they are more comfortable on the head when you're using them for hours or so I find them. I recommend going to a store that has a few of these kinds of models and trying it out on your head. Descriptions are hard to do for something that's so dependent on individual perception of comfort.

Solution