Solved! Looking for a gaming headset that has a mic that will work with my laptop.

Jun 15, 2018
So I recently purchased an Acer Predator Helios 300. I had been using a Turtle Beach x12 with my old desktop, but when I switched to my new laptop, I noticed it sadly only had one 3.5mm jack instead of the two I needed. The Turtle Beach x12 has a headphone jack and a microphone jack, so it sadly won't work with this laptop. I tried to use an adapter but it still didn't recognize that my headset had a mic. I tried to use a RIG 400, it had only a 3.5mm headphone jack with a detachable boom microphone, but my laptop didn't recognize that the headset had a microphone. Does anyone know of a headset that has a microphone that will work with my laptop? It can only have a single 3.5mm jack and/or a USB cord. I'd prefer not to spend an arm and a leg ($100 or less, please).

Solution
The adapter you used, was it a 3.5mm one? If yes, have you considered a USB adapter? Those usually work fine and it would be way cheaper than a new headset.