Question Looking for a gaming headset.

Jan 9, 2020
I want something that will allow me to hear the quietest sounds, and pin point positions. I know little about audio which is why I came here first.
Its currently a competition between the ASTRO A40 TR Gen 4 W/ Mix amp, and the HyperX Cloud Orbit S which is taking my fancy at the moment.

Any advice or reccomendations would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Jan 9, 2020
I would pick the HyperX with the planar drivers without question. Anything Astro will be just about at the bottom of my list to get.

Thanks, would you be able to explain what makes the planar drives so good?
I'm using a set of ASTRO A40's, gen 3 right now. I thought they were pretty good, but if the HyperX is supposed to be better then I look foward to trying them out.

Also, do you think HyperX Cloud Orbit is the best pick, or do you have some reccomendations on any others within that price range, even something without the mic. Thanks again!

Last edited:
Jan 10, 2020
Crusher ANC Personalized Noise Canceling Wireless Headphones $299.99.
dude i personally have it and i use it with my pradetor Helios 300. And they are awesome.
so if u buy them it's a HELL yeah!!!!
you will not regret it...

Thanks, would you be able to explain what makes the planar drives so good?
I'm using a set of ASTRO A40's, gen 3 right now. I thought they were pretty good, but if the HyperX is supposed to be better then I look foward to trying them out.

Also, do you think HyperX Cloud Orbit is the best pick, or do you have some reccomendations on any others within that price range, even something without the mic. Thanks again!

If you already have a pair of Astros would be silly to get another of the same, just keep what you have. Asto along with Beats are a bit of a joke among those that know audio. You were the one that picked the Cloud Orbit as something to get, they have planar drivers, unless you just picked them based on price https://www.howtogeek.com/327846/what-are-planar-magnetic-headphones/

Jan 9, 2020
If you already have a pair of Astros would be silly to get another of the same, just keep what you have. Asto along with Beats are a bit of a joke among those that know audio. You were the one that picked the Cloud Orbit as something to get, they have planar drivers, unless you just picked them based on price https://www.howtogeek.com/327846/what-are-planar-magnetic-headphones/

My mic broke on my ASTRO's, I dropped them about a thousand times, I wasn't very smart about how I managed the cable, I have fixed that now though. For all the flack ASTRO (In my case A40) supposedly get, I like their construction, and they are more comfortable then my current Cloud Orbit's even if they are worse in the audio department. I read a review on the Orbits praising them, thats why I got them, and because of their connection with Audeze which I hear are popular among "audiophiles".

I have made a seperate post on this, but while I have your attention. I have a fizzing/hissing noise in my Orbits, Its not noticable when playing games or listening to music. But while nothing is playing, its pretty obvious. I get the hissing in every situation, plugged into my pc via usb, unplugged but on via battery, and plugged into a phone via aux. Is this something standard with headphones like this, or should I send them back?

And If I send them back, do you reccomend a better set of headphones? otherwise I will just get a replacement. Thanks!

Should not be hissing all the time like that, but very sensitive headphones can at times get noise when used with lower quality amps. You should contact support for them first before deciding what to do. If they say it's normal, I'd replace them.

There are plenty of good headsets, my recommendation is under $100, Cooler Master 751, or 752 is you want a USB virtual surround sound processor. For a headset I would not go any higher end than those. Or get a nice headphone with a 3.5mm jack and use a mod mic with it.