Looking for a gaming laptop for under $850

christianstech

Honorable
Nov 13, 2012
I'm leaving for college soon and I already have a gaming pc.
I don't want to lug this thing around everywhere so I think getting a laptop would be the way to go.
As for budget I would go up to $950 if it's worth it, but I've seen almost what I want in a laptop for about $650.

Anyway, I'll just list the games I want to be able to play with ease and no lag.

Diablo 3, League of legends, torchlight 2, bf3 is iffy.. I don't play it as often so If the cpu on the laptop couldn't handle it.. then I just wouldn't play it.. but from what I've seen on other laptops what I'm asking for with this price range isn't too hard to get.
This is what I want and have seen.. I just need to locate one that doesn't have windows 8.. I like home premium 64bit.

Graphics: dedicated gpu with at least 1gbddr3
Cpu: i5 @2.5ghz might try an i7 if the other specs are nice or the price
Ram: 6gb-8gb ddr3 1600mhz
Hard-drive at least 7200rpm or an ssd
Resolution/screen size.. anything 1280x720 or above is fine.. but the screen has to be at least 16 inches

I'm just trying to locate a laptop with those kind of specs... I have but there get terrible reviews, mostly because all of them have windows 8.

So please help!

DarkSable

Honorable
Sep 27, 2012
masmotors, please don't hijack threads.

Christian, you don't want an i5 in a laptop - they're not quad cores like the desktop versions are; they're just mobile i3's that are clocked 200mHz faster and $100 more.

You DO want a quad core for gaming, but those are only found on mobile parts if the suffix is "QM", which are the higher end mobile i7s.

As for the gaming itself, you're not going to get anywhere fast without a video card, and the only video card that'll do what you're looking for is a 670M, most likely, as any screen more than 16in is going to have a larger resolution; likely 1080p.

For what you're asking, you're going to have to spend a lot more.

dudewitbow

Honorable
Apr 11, 2012
if you looking to get away from Win8, buying a laptop is probably not in yoru alley, as laptops have limited custom retailers, and most are prebuilt OEM ones which are now running Windows 8. I mean TBH, windows 8 gets alot of hate, but after trying it out for myself, it isnt bad, you just need to learn how to get to certain parts of the computer before if you constantly used the Start button.(alternatively, there was a 3rd party addon which brings the start button back to win8)

christianstech

Honorable
Nov 13, 2012

Well if that's true then what do you think about this laptop

http://www.amazon.com/N56VM-AB71-Full-HD-1080P-15-6-Inch-Laptop/dp/B008HDOEG8/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1358837023&sr=1-1&keywords=ASUS+N56VM-AB71