Looking for a gaming laptop on a budget - UK

Marshall86

Honorable
Aug 4, 2012
1. What is your budget?
£500-£700 although the less I can spend the better

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
15.6"

3. What screen resolution do you want?
Whatever looks best, not that fussed really

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
No

5. How much battery life do you need?
Don't mind as I'll have it plugged in most of the time

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
Yes, Sims 4 and WoW

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
Just web browsing

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
Only enough for the games listed above, extra would be a perk

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
n/a

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
As long as it'll run the above games without getting sluggish

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
DVD drive nice but not completely necessary

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
I like Acer, Asus, Msi, Toshiba. I try to stay away from Dell, HP, Lenovo but will consider them if recommend

13. What country do you live in?
UK

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
I'd prefer to buy from better known sites, amazon, ebuyer, overclockers etc.
So far from my own research I have this as a front runner https://www.amazon.com/Acer-Aspire-NVIDIA-Windows-E5-575G-53VG/dp/B01DT4A2R4 but I don't seem to be able to buy it in the UK without getting it shipped from the US.

Thanks in advance :)

For SIMS4 and WOW at lower settings, a system with a 940m card will do. If you want to play on Medium in WOW and get good frame rates, you want a laptop with a 960m card. For games in general, you are looking at a laptop with a 960m card. Acer is the cheapest but also one of the least reliable brands with so-so build quality.

That's an OK one for lower end gaming. Will run the games you want, just not on high settings, and newer games that may be coming out would also have issues. See if you can find a system with a 950m card, although you may have to go down a rung in quality. Acer has some good specs for the price, but they are in the lower half for reliability.