Looking for a laptop for specific purposes only

Noobsmoker

Commendable
Jul 31, 2016
Hi I'm looking for a laptop that's able to handle video editing software (Sony Vegas etc etc), digital art software (Photoshop etc etc) and handles recording and live streaming.

Currently I am recording from my ps4 and editing via "sharefactory" and it's cool and all but I'm looking to do more editing then what they have to offer. I've also been reading through several forums that say it's better to have a capture device linked between console and laptop.

My budget right now is $500 for the laptop but if I can't get it under or at that price, I'm willing to take other suggestions. No gaming will be done at all on this laptop at all. I'm planning to build a rig but that's for another day.

Also I would like help picking video editing software. I'm a complete beginner at it but I'm not slow so I can learn the ropes from tutorials. I want to be able to make professional videos and I'm willing try different software out to get the feel for them. Tell me how difficult they are to use and maybe rank them for me if you can based on difficulty and features.

Next for the game capture device, I would like something that records in 1080p but I'm not sure if I have to worry about the fps some say 60fps and others say 30fps if someone could explain if I need to worry about it. I would like the device to be able to live stream also so if you guys could recommend and tell me what's what with the device that would be nice and also let me know if it able to live stream while recording please. My budget for the device is $200 I would like to stay under that.

Thanks in advance :D

Solution
In terms of software, I reckon you should look into something like Hitfilm. I find it fairly easy to use, and you can get a free version of it (Hitfilm 4 Express is the most recent) that has nearly all of the features. I can't speak for other video editing solutions because the only other video editor I've used is MS Movie Maker.

https://www.amazon.com/HP-Notebook-15-ay011nr-15-6-Inch-Processor/dp/B01CGGOZOM

This looks to be a fairly decent laptop for some video editing; decent enough processor, 8GB memory, 1TB HDD and a 1080p monitor.

No idea about capture cards though ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

LummusMaximus

Honorable
In terms of software, I reckon you should look into something like Hitfilm. I find it fairly easy to use, and you can get a free version of it (Hitfilm 4 Express is the most recent) that has nearly all of the features. I can't speak for other video editing solutions because the only other video editor I've used is MS Movie Maker.

https://www.amazon.com/HP-Notebook-15-ay011nr-15-6-Inch-Processor/dp/B01CGGOZOM

This looks to be a fairly decent laptop for some video editing; decent enough processor, 8GB memory, 1TB HDD and a 1080p monitor.

No idea about capture cards though ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Solution