Looking for a laptop or tablet to fit my needs.

computernoob29

Honorable
Aug 18, 2012
I've had my macbook pro 13 inch for about 4 years (mid 2010 model) and it started to slow down a couple years ago. I've been mostly using my phone and desktop but recently i've gotten a bit tired of the incapabilities of my phone and the zero mobility of my desktop so i'm looking for a new laptop or tablet to fill my needs.

Now, my laptop still works okay and i use it a alot and it'd probably get better if a cleaned up all the random software i've used but it still wouldn't be the best so i figure an upgrade is in order. I've kinda been on the fence as far as the whole apple-windows-android thing goes and i think they all have their uses. personally I love android for phones and tablets but mobile platforms are still limited for their features and hardware in my opinion, although apple ipads seem to be very smooth in my opinion. my biggest pet peeve as far as mobile limitations is choppyness, which is why the only androids i use are the nexus devices because from my experience they are also very smooth to use.

I need something that has a relatively large screen (atleast 10 inches), can surf the web quickly and smoothly, can play music well while still using the device for other things, it has to be light and have the ability to take in anywhere, and must be a touch screen, and i would prefer it not to break the bank but i could probably go up to about 1300 if i needed to.

on my own so far i think an ipad air might work, i might try a chromebook but im not so sure how smooth and fast those would be haha, i was looking at the surface pro 3 and although expensive it looks like it would suit my need quite well, im not sure how much i like the windows 8 experience though, im gonna go to bestbuy and try some things out but in the meantime if anyone has any suggestions i would love to hear them.

Solution
Nexus 10 is the best option if you want a pure android experience. Ipads are good but they are expensive. Surface pro 3 is good if you want a windows replacement of a macbook air. You could try the asus transformer pad for the best of both android and windows. I personally would try and look at reviews and decide what is best for you.
Nexus 10 is the best option if you want a pure android experience. Ipads are good but they are expensive. Surface pro 3 is good if you want a windows replacement of a macbook air. You could try the asus transformer pad for the best of both android and windows. I personally would try and look at reviews and decide what is best for you.

Solution