Looking for a laptop viable for gaming and light/medium video editing....

Humble308

Honorable
Aug 16, 2013
Hey guys/gals

I'm in the market for a new lap top. I have done searches and all, but in general I'm just confused by all the technical specs of high end computers. Let me tell you what I'm looking for.

I'm an avid gamer my previous laptop was an Alienware M11X, now I had more issues than I care to count with that computer and it's made me leary of even the powerful M17X. Either way it pooped out on me, so I'm in the market for something new.

My primary uses are gaming of course, but essentially it's a desktop replacement...I don't have the patience to break down a PC every time I need to be some where, and I don't care to have a primary gaming desktop while using a note book for mundane tasks. So basically besides running games like Skyrim, the Witcher, and other similarly aged games. I would also be doing video editing on Sony Vegas Pro 11 (my M11x did this ok, so around about the same performance or better would be great!). And of course I'll be using it for daily tasks paying bills, surfing the web and all that jazz.

My budget is 1200-$1500, but am willing to step up to $2000 if it's really worth it. So far the ones I'm considering is that $1,200 Lenovo (sorry forgot the model) the SamSung Series 7 Gamer, and possibly the M17X but I'm scared to death of getting another dud, I've heard ALienware really went down hill after Dell bought them. I'm not a comfort snob or anything, but I am pretty rough on lap tops. Portability is not a huge concern, I just want to be able to unplug and carry it to work. Battery life is also not a huge concern and I usually task/game/ surf with the computer on the power supply

I realize you guys get this question all the time, but after spending 8 hours searching my eyes are about to pop out of my head and thought I'd tailor the question to my needs. Any questions, or advice would be appreciated.

Semper Fi,
Derek

Humble308

Honorable
Aug 16, 2013
It looks like this has some great reviews, I totally forget about Asus to be honest. I keep hearing very good things! Thanks for the reply