Looking for a low budget gaming laptop, what specs should i look for?

TheL1GHTSiDE

Honorable
Oct 2, 2012
1. What is your budget? [strike]~$200-$250[/strike]

1.5. Preferred Specs:
Quad core or greater (A8, A10, i5, i7)
4GB of RAM min (Prefer 6GB,8GB, or greater)
HDD/SSD size: No preference (~250GB or larger HDD)

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? Average or larger

3. What screen resolution do you want? Preferably 1080p*

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? Yes

5. How much battery life do you need? Preferably good

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)? Yes, Preferably High, League of Legends, Minecraft, (I don't expect to run/play newest AAA games like BF4, Assassins Creed, etc.)

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? Learning/programming C++

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need? No preference (~250GB or larger)

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links. Newegg, Dell, HP, Lenovo, etc. (no preference)

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop? Probably a few years

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? I could possibly do without a drive but DVD drive would be good.

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons. Prefer (Acer, Asus, Dell, HP, Lenovo), Not-preferred (Gateway, Toshiba, VISIO, haven't heard any good things about them)

13. What country do you live in? MI, USA

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed. I am looking for a New or Used laptop that is [strike]~$200-$250[/strike]. The most important aspect is Gaming Performance. I have been doing some research but I am still unclear on whether AMD would be better than Intel for gaming performance. I think I prefer gaming performance(power) over laptop screen size/resolution because I could always hook up the laptop to my 24" 1080p computer monitor when I'm at home (which is where I would probably do most of my gaming).
I mainly want to know what specs to look for when searching for a laptop and how they perform for gaming. [strike]Finally, I know $200 is very low for a gaming laptop but I already have a gaming pc[/strike]. I am just looking for a laptop that I can write C++ code on that is also capable of playing some games. If you need more information please let me know!

---Update---
I forgot to mention, my Dad is able to get 10% off on computers from Dell, HP, and play it again pcs(piapc.com). I'm not sure if the 10% off only applies to new computers from Dell + HP or not.

---Update---
I don't have much knowledge when it comes to laptops, what makes a good gaming laptop? Please teach/inform me.

What is the gaming performance of the AMD A8/A10 processors?
--What games can they run and at what settings?
What is the gaming performance of the i5/i7 processors?
--What games can they run and at what settings?

What is the difference between integrated and discrete graphics?
--What is the performance difference?

Price:
--What games can laptops at the ($3-400, $5-600, $7-800) price range run and at what settings?

I would like to get a laptop but i don't know how much power/performance i need and how much it will cost.

The Tech Guy

Estimable
Aug 4, 2014
Honestly. That budget won't even give you a used gaming laptop. You really need to continue saving until you have reached a more reasonable budget.