Question Looking for a music app for child's bedroom (music channels, stations etc, apps with music content.)

alphacoyle

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2011
Does anyone know apps that will keep playing, and that play children's music, etc? Am thinking of keeping Kindle fire tablet plugged in to ac and connected to external speaker for child's room while they sleep. I am looking for an app etc that plays continual music content, it's ok if it has a commercial here and there as long as it doesn't stop after awhile, like Pandora has a prompt that asks if you're still listening; ones without that as child will be in bed sleeping.

Last edited:
Most standard music apps, that come with devices, do have a repeat, continual play, etc. options. Before getting additional ones, I would look there.

Should that not work, or if you are like me and do not like the standard app for music that comes with most devices, a good seriously basic one is called "Simple Music Player". It is on the play store and is by "Simple Mobile Tools". They have very basic apps (most have free versions) no ads and no junk. Hence while I like them. :)

Reactions: alphacoyle
Amazon Echo Dot or some other device should do it for cheap. Of course the Dot speaker is not super good, but good enough for a younger child. Just tell it to play "soothing music" or something and off it goes. Works great with an Amazon Prime account or with Amazon Music. Yes there is a cost there, but not more than any other music streaming service without ads.

You can get a combo Echo and Dot for $100 now on sale and use the thing as an intercom / child monitor.

alphacoyle

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2011
Most standard music apps, that come with devices, do have a repeat, continual play, etc. options. Before getting additional ones, I would look there.

Should that not work, or if you are like me and do not like the standard app for music that comes with most devices, a good seriously basic one is called "Simple Music Player". It is on the play store and is by "Simple Mobile Tools". They have very basic apps (most have free versions) no ads and no junk. Hence while I like them. :)

I've downloaded the Simple Music Player app and it works fine, but how do you turn it off?

I see. Well you can set the screen to not turn off. The phone should have that option in the settings. But it will drain the battery faster.

If you are worried about any brightness due to the display being on, you can lower the screen brightness, which will drain the battery less as well.

Otherwise, you would have to go with just a standard device for playing music for babies/children.

alphacoyle

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2011
I see. Well you can set the screen to not turn off. The phone should have that option in the settings. But it will drain the battery faster.

If you are worried about any brightness due to the display being on, you can lower the screen brightness, which will drain the battery less as well.

Otherwise, you would have to go with just a standard device for playing music for babies/children.

Seems Simple Music Player isn't compatible with my device; I did manage to find another basic one that plays continuously called Musicolet.