Looking for a new laptop (to replace old XPS 15)

Eashan_1

Prominent
Mar 19, 2017
Hey,

I'm finally looking for a new laptop after almost 5-6 years of 24x7 always on use of Dell XPS 15 L502x. (quad core i7 - 2630qm, nvidea 640m 2gb).

I don't use a desktop and need to run my laptop for 12+ hours a everyday. I'm a coder by profession and occasionally use full blown Photoshop including 3D. I very much like my current laptop as it has got full sized keyboard without numpad on a 15.6 inch. It can pretty much handle everything I need it for, but it seems a bit too bulky with around 3.5Kg weight with 9-cell battery and recently the fan was giving some issues. I'm looking to replace it rather than getting it fixed now.

So, what really are my options considering my only compulsory requirement is full support for Photoshop and light video editing? I'd like to go as lightweight as possible:

Weight = 2Kg Max
Budget: $1500
Use: Heavy Photoshop, Light Video Editing (On Adobe website, it says that Intel HD 630 & above should work fine? Should it? )

If I go for one with a discrete graphic card, I'm pondering over Lenovo Yoga 720? Dell XPS 15 looks great but seems to come with a nose cam which might hinder my ability to video chat with my colleagues in different parts of the world?

I'm unable to find a laptop with Intel Iris graphics or Intel 630HD ? Possibly with a 13 inch screen?

Cheers,
Eashan