Looking For a Suitable Headset

Chickenix

Estimable
Jul 24, 2014
Alrighty, so I just finished building my $1400 PC, however, my headset is broken. Either way, Christmas is coming, and I kind of want a new one. With so many headsets out there in the market, I can't decide on my own, and I need your help. Before suggesting, please consider the following factors:

I already have a microphone (Blue Snowball), so I don't need one attached to the headphones. In fact, I'd prefer it to have no microphone if it's cheaper that way. I will still buy it if it does have a microphone though, it would just prove no use.

I do not wish to exceed the price limit of $150. Anything below $130 is a preference.

I'd prefer not to order it online, as it is cheaper that way. Please consider I live in Australia, so make sure the headset is available at a store in Perth, Western Australia. However, I will order it online if I have to.

When it comes to the tough choice of Stereo Sound and Surround Sound, I have absolutely no idea if one is "better" than the other. Please decide for me. Do consider though, that I am a strong gamer, and I play Valve games, Skyrim, and all the other big ones, such as FarCry 4, GTA V (when it comes out), etc. This headset should focus more on a gaming experience than a home theater experience.

I do not mind if it is wired or not, they both have pros and cons. I've never really used a wireless headset before, so I don't know if it's worth the extra cash. I'll leave it up to you.

Thank you for your time. :)

Chickenix

Estimable
Jul 24, 2014