looking for advice

yellow_snow86

Honorable
Jun 22, 2012
Hey im after 2 laptops one for me one for my daughter. First my laptop I would like it to be able to play the following civ5 fm13 and 14 when released also a few mmo I play. Would like it be an an i3 or i5 preferably with a dedicated gpu, and approx £300-500 max. I don't have a problem buying a used laptop don't have a particular brand I want. It would also b3 a bouns if it had any of these ( back lit keyboard decent sound ie beats etc ) but these arnt essential. Not worried about hdd size as I use an external 1tb hdd with my current dinosaur of a laptop with a 14-17 screen

My daughters max £300 once again don't mind it being second hand. She mainly plays sims 3 and would like it to be able to run sims 4 if possible don't have a preference on cpu or brand but would like it to be 14 inch screen as shes only 10.

Any help would be welcome thanks :)

jmourao

Honorable
Sep 26, 2013
it would be easier for you to search for the ones that you can afford in your country, and show it to us, because prices may varie greatly from country to country

yellow_snow86

Honorable
Jun 22, 2012

First s laptop for me. Im thibki maybe a dell xps 15 l502x and for my daughter maybe a packard bell easy note Tk87. Would they run what I want them too?

jmourao

Honorable
Sep 26, 2013
Hi,

From what i saw none of them have a dedicated GPU only integrated(correct me if iam wrong).

i see in here, both computers will be able to run what you want, but then just meet the minimum requirements

http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/CYRI/Requirements/the-sims-3/10845?p=r

http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/CYRI/Requirements/civilization-v/10985?p=r

But for your pc and your price range cant you get a i3 with a nvidia gt 740 m? or something? try to search in smaller stores, for example i got a asus g750 more or less 300€ cheaper (its a 1700€ computer) in a smaller store

Cause having a dedicated graphic card its quite important, cause will not have to use your system ram