Looking for an advanced smart TV for netflix

maverick786us

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2008
Can someone suggest me an advanced smart Android TV for viewing Netflix. I will primarily use Netflix or other internet channels. Besides Netflix I will also use it for watching movies, using my MacBook Pro and Desktop, where I will connect the TV with lightening / HDMI ports. For internet the TV should have WiFi.

Here are some more things that I am looking for...

1) It should be minimum 40 inch LED/OLED or whatever the latest tech used in TV arena.
2) My preference is highly advanced smart TV with as many advanced features related to internet since I am a techie but new into the world of TVs.
3) I am not sure if I should go for 4K. If 4K is too expensive, then full HD is fine.
4) Not sure about 3D and its importance. But i game in my gaming rig not on TVs.
5) Last but not least, I don't want any Chinese knock. Sony is my preferred choice. However if a smart TV within this category from Sony is too expensive, then Panasonic, LG and Samsung will be fine.

If you are hooking up a computer to TV, why do you need the TV to be smart? ANY TV will do then. The SMART will reside with the computer.

You are posting as if Tom's has vendors at the ready answering your questions, not really. The folks here answering your question are just fellow end users, we are more useful to you if you have specific questions not found elsewhere.

maverick786us

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2008
My primary purpose is not to hook the computer with the TV. The primary purpose is to watch Netflix channels, for that I will not hook it with my desktop. The TV should have WiFi to connect with internet. I have huge movies collection, if I want to watch movies, I will hook it with my desktop