Looking for an awesome gaming laptop.

ajh103

Honorable
Aug 31, 2013
Hey There!

I've been looking around for a while and liked the look of the xotic pc site. I was wondering if anyone could recommend a gaming laptop for under $2000. I'd be using it for 3d rendering, programming and gaming.

Here is what I'd like in a laptop:

1. Under $2000
2. Awesome Graphics Card for gaming and rendering 3d
3. Preferably an SSD for OS (128GB) and a 750GB-1TB HDD 7200RPM for data.
4. Nice Keyboard and sound.
5. Portable
6. Good Screen
7. Nice Design

I'd appreciate any help :)

Solution
Generally speaking, Clevo laptops (branded as Sager by XOTIC PC) would cover requirements 1, 2, 3 and 6. As in, you'd be able to buy a laptop under two grand with a good GPU, SSD and good screen. As far as the keyboard/sound goes, it depends mainly on you. I own a Clevo myself, a P151SM1, and while the I think the keyboard is great, it might just be me. As far as sound goes, I think it is a bit weak, but as before, it's probably personal preference.

Unfortunately with gaming laptops, portability and nice design are sacrificed for performance. Unless you're willing to fork out a bit more for something like the Razer Blade, then it's pretty difficult to find a gaming laptop with a nice design, which I guess is another personal matter. I...

Lmeow

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2010
Generally speaking, Clevo laptops (branded as Sager by XOTIC PC) would cover requirements 1, 2, 3 and 6. As in, you'd be able to buy a laptop under two grand with a good GPU, SSD and good screen. As far as the keyboard/sound goes, it depends mainly on you. I own a Clevo myself, a P151SM1, and while the I think the keyboard is great, it might just be me. As far as sound goes, I think it is a bit weak, but as before, it's probably personal preference.

Unfortunately with gaming laptops, portability and nice design are sacrificed for performance. Unless you're willing to fork out a bit more for something like the Razer Blade, then it's pretty difficult to find a gaming laptop with a nice design, which I guess is another personal matter. I think my laptop looks nice design-wise, it's essentially a very plain black, and somewhat thick rectangular prism. Portability is an issue, my laptop is 3.1 kg, which is around 6.8 pounds, and while some people think that is quite heavy, I find it more than manageable carrying it around all day.

Just some things to consider, I guess, before proceeding further.

Solution

ajh103

Honorable
Aug 31, 2013

How would a sager compare to a msi gt60 from xotic?